This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Pumpkin spice lattes, colorful leaves, pumpkin carving, corn mazes, and Halloween; that’s right fall is coming. It’s right around the corner, and with all the nostalgia behind this amazing time of year there’s something about it that makes you want to spend it with someone special to you. Here are a few ideas for dates you could have with your special someone that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Go tailgating together!

Try finding a local sports team at either a high school or college in your town. Be sure to bring yummy snacks and a blanket to sit on and you both can snuggle up together while you cheer on the home team.

Haunted House/ Hayride

There’s nothing better than being so scared that you grab on to your special someone and squeeze them so tight you don’t think you’ll ever let go. Going to a haunted house or riding on a haunted hay ride are perfect ways to get that feeling.

Pumpkin Patch

The most obvious thing to do during fall time is definitely go to a pumpkin patch with your honey and pick out pumpkins. You can go pick out your own pumpkins then take them home and carve them together. It can even be turned into two separate dates if you want it to!

Scary Movie Night

Get a few different classic scary movies, some candy, some sodas, blankets, and pillows. Make a pallet or a comfy spot on the couch, pop in your movie, and go to town on those snacks!

Bonfire

This one is my absolute favorite. Get together with your sweetheart and go outside when it starts to get crisp and cold at night. Start a little two person bonfire and snuggle up next to each other while you watch the fire glow. You can even bring some yummy s’mores fixin’s and have a s’mores making contest! See who can make the best and most original s’more, whether it’s with something crazy like Caramello, or it’s just the original recipe or graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows it’ll be a date for the books.

There are plenty of fall date ideas that are inexpensive and still fun! The most important part though is that you are hanging out with your significant other, and that you are having a good time together. 

Jordan Pavey

Georgia Southern

Hi there! My name is Jordan Pavey and I am a student at Georgia Southern University. I am a journalism student with a minor in marketing. I hope to one day become a journalist for a major news company, and be able to write for a livng.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.