This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Fall is upon us and it is time for the scarves, boots, tights, and turtlenecks to come from the back of my closet. Fall is my favorite season for fashion because everything can look cozy, comfy, and cute. Playing with color palettes consisting of nudes, blacks, whites, and warm tone colors like red, orange, and yellow I love so much. Today I will be sharing some of my favorite looks I have planned inspired by some songs I love to listen to. While incorporating some fall essentials I believe everyone should try out this fall season. 

Drew Barrymore – Sza

One of my go-to outfits for fall is mom jeans, a long sleeve crop top, and vans. It is a comfy look for when you must run errands or go to class, but still want to look cute. I grabbed inspirations from Sza’s songs, because of the lyrics “her mom jeans and her new Vans. And she’s perfect and I hate it, oh so glad you made it”. An obvious look you can play with during fall. You can always change the top and the pair of vans, but the mom jeans are an essential piece for fall. They are comfy, cute, and the best part they can cover your legs if you are like me and just forfeit shaving my legs when it starts getting cold. 

Stay – Mac Miller

Oh, my favorite romantic to ever make an album entirely inspired by Ariana Grande. The outfit I was inspired to create from this song is an ode to Ariana Grande’s style. A very large oversized pink hoodie paired with over-the-knee boots in either nude/tan/ or white. Pair this with a pair of shorts underneath if it is a warmer fall day or pair with black tights and black over-the-knee boots and it is a completely different look. An essential for fall will always be a cute pair of boots. My personal favorite is a pair of over-the-knee boots because you can dress anything up with them, they are very warm, and you do not always have to wear pants. If you are like me and just hate wearing jeans these boots are a lifesaver.

DHL – Frank Ocean

A fall outfit inspiration post would not be complete if I did not show my love for a mock-neck mod-styled dress and a pair of statement boots. The cover art of DHL is blue, and I happen to have a really cute pair of denim blue ankle boots that I love and begged my mother to get me for Christmas a few years ago. The complete outfit is a white mock turtleneck dress that is slightly bodycon, but more mod-styled. Then a pair of statement boots and if it is still a little too cold you can add a jean jacket. A nice pair of statement boots I find to be essential for fall. A nice accessory to add would be a gold or silver waist chain depending on your skin tone and which metals you like to wear. I could not find the boots I have so I put a pair of similar ones.

Sierra Leone – Frank Ocean

Another Frank Ocean song I drew inspiration from incorporates a pair of cream or tan wide-leg pants, a black or white turtleneck, and a pair of black or white ankle boots. The song Sierra Leone always has evoked a very romantic and professional look in my mind and for some odd reason the color cream. The essential piece to this outfit is the turtleneck. A very essential piece to your autumn/winter wardrobe. You can dress it up or dress it down in various ways. If you want to add a matching cream or tan blazer coat because it is colder where you live, I would say absolutely, but sadly the Statesboro, Georgia the weather would never allow me to wear a turtleneck and a coat until like February.

Workin out – JID

This outfit is one of my favorite go-to outfits when I want to look professional on campus. A pair of grey and black plaid pants, black loafers, and a black top. The top can be a turtleneck, a long sleeve bodysuit, or a black French-tucked sweater. Honestly, any top will work with the outfit regardless of color I just happen to like black and grey color palettes. I believe the plaid pants are a staple for fall. They can be dressed up or dressed down and pairs nicely with any solid color tops. I named this outfit after the JID song due to when I listen to the song it makes me inspired to chase after my career goals and look good doing it. The loafers are also an essential piece for any wardrobe in my opinion, but I just really like my loafers.

Häagan Dazs – Ghetto Sage

Alrighty, this is the last inspired outfit. One of the most common fall outfits. A pair of dark wash denim skinny jeans, a flannel of your choosing, and a pair of the over-the-knee boot/boots of your choosing. An essential for fall is the iconic flannel shirt. The best ones I have come to find are in the men’s section. The perfect oversized, comfy, and semi-warm top for fall vibes. Named after this song just because I like the song. 

I hope this post gave you some fall outfit inspiration to spice up your wardrobe. Pair any outfit with a PSL, hot chocolate, hot tea, or just plain old coffee and enjoy the time of fall. FYI: Next time I do an outfit idea post I am gonna just use my closet because Pinterest does not always read my mind well.

Kiara Rosado

Georgia Southern '21

Kiara Rosado attends Georgia Southern University and is a Public Relations major from Lawrenceville, Georgia. She loves music, movies, makeup, fashion, and food. If you cannot find her on campus check the local coffee shop or the gym. Always dressed to her best and looking for inspiration on what to write next.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.