BREAKING NEWS: STUDENTS HAVE INVADED HENDERSON LIBRARY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Thanksgiving break has officially come to its conclusion and the walkways of Georgia Southern are flowing with students again. Now, some of our peers were very proactive and studied a bit over the break and handled their responsibilities beforehand. But for the rest of us, it seems as though we paused an action movie right at its peak and played it back in the middle of warfare. We were so busy eating and enjoying the company of our family and friends back home we totally forgot we had actual responsibilities at school but don’t feel bad… it happens. With finals exam balancing in the distance, the heat is on. The war known as finals week is upon us and our eagles are preparing for the battle. With their Textbook in one hand and a venti macchiato with 3 shots of espresso in the other, they are armed and ready.

Students from all over campus have left the sanctitude of their dorms and apartments to come to the one place they know they can count on… the library aka Club Hendy and This week it’ll be just that, a club. Filled with young people just trying to make it in life. Now whether they are studying efficiently, or cramming one will never know but I can tell you this THEY ARE HERE. I myself wandered hopelessly into the library quite a few times recently. It’s honestly your best tool in the fight against final exams. Professors are giving study guides and last minute extra credit assignments, and social crowds have simmered down because we all know that feeling when you calculate your “what-if” grade, and realize you have to make a 160% on your final in order to pass that physics or math class with a 70, but that doesn’t stop us from trying.It’s the end of the road for some of us, more specifically for the seniors, and at this point it is all or nothing.

So how exactly do the students feel about Finals week? Sophomore, Jordan Lynch said with such severity in his tone “Have you ever been punched in the face with an iron fist?” unfortunately, no I have not. but I feel you Jordan. Senior, Michael Simmons says, “I figure the longer I stare at this computer screen the better my chances of coming up with something to write are. This might be rock bottom” and I think we’ve all been in Michael’s place at least once in our lives. Even first-year students are stressing about finals, the upperclassmen have filled their heads with hellfire and apocalyptic images so the fear is apparent.

Valerie Gonzalez, freshman, told me that “If it’s half as bad as they say it is… I might just submit an application to magic city” I’m not going to lie… I laughed when she said that but that’s real. The stress of finals can take you to the point of no return. Fortunately, HerCampus has 10 GREAT tips for finals week. With the resources provided for you at Hendy: books, computers, study rooms, etc. You should be nothing but prepared to take on finals week. It doesn’t have to be stressful or jarring if you just take it step by step and day by day. and please do not be afraid to join your fellow eagles in the fight against finals at Club Hendy.

My name is Treasure Johnson, I am a journalism major at Georgia Southern University and I love to read, write and TALK!
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.