Avengers Endgame: The Countdown– Thor: Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Avengers:Infinity War, and Captain Marvel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Thor Ragnarok was another brightly colored, 80’s pop kind of film. The switch of directors and vibes throughout the film made for an interesting take on the last movie in the Thor franchise.

The discovery of their sister, as well as the shock of Thor’s hammer getting destroyed also made the film one to remember, as there were several twists and turns to keep the audience guessing. 

The introduction of another powerful female character (and one of color!!) was a good choice and one that had me cheering as I watched. Valkyrie is one bada** woman with a sick set of skills and she rode a whole pegasus at one point! It’s exciting to add her into the mix and to see how she’ll tie into the future.

Ant-Man and the Wasp was a delightful sequel to the first, and including more female power! It was also another really cool film that integrated science and learning into the mainstream and although I didn’t understand much, I think I learned something new.

The action in this film mirrored the action in the first, with an added bug pal to complete Ant-Man. The jokes were funny and fresh, and the cuteness of Paul Rudd with his daughter kept my heart warm. 

Avengers: Infinity War is the movie we had all been waiting for. All the different factions of Marvel come together in one big film to fight their biggest threat yet. 

While the movie was serious and climatic and definitely anxiety-inducing, it was also funny and witty and had me grinning from ear to ear. It’s always fun to see the funniest characters in the MCU meet-up, as well as encounter some friction because it’s like seeing all your friends meet up. 

Captain Marvel is a film that I had not previously seen until the week of Endgame. It just never came up and it wasn’t very high on my list of importance. 

But I’m glad to say that seeing it made my day. As the first female-centric film in the MCU, it does a good job of portraying Carol Danvers as strong but confused as she makes her way through her memories.

It continues on its woman power journey as we get another WOC as her best friend, with a strong and independent daughter who further influences my belief in the fate of women in the MCU in the future.

Endgame is coming and although I’m movie prepared, I’m not emotionally prepared. Wish me luck and thanks for following my 21 movie journey through the MCU!

Taylor Dunn

Georgia Southern '21

My name is Taylor Dunn, and I'm a sophomore at Georgia Southern University. I'm a multimedia journalism major and passionate about TV and movies, including Marvel, Disney, and Game of Thrones. I have two furry best friends named Duke and Koda and I love peanut butter and jelly.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.