This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Tis’ the season of lovely Fall!

Here are some reasons to absolutely ADORE the fall season:

1. The Colors/Weather

Come on, admit it. With the fall season brings the most eye capturing collection of colors. Gold, burgundy, burnt orange, earthy brown and everything in between. These colors set the scene for many great adventures and memories. Not to mention the constant cool 75-degree breeze that sweeps away the blazing sun.

2. Fashion

Grab your scarves and favorite pair of boots. It is time to bring out thicker fabrics and bold fashion statements as fall invokes the comfy yet cozy feel in our clothing.

3. Football

Fall time equals football time! Gather your favorite snacks and people and enjoy rowdy Saturdays and Sundays cheering for your favorite team.

4. Seasonal Beverages

No matter where you purchase your drink of choice, the seasonal flavors of pumpkin spice and the classic apple cider are a must as they warm you up during a crisp fall day.

5. Halloween/Halloween Cinema

From Halloweentown all the way down to Elm Street, the fall season brings about a season where we can be kids at heart as we go down memory lane with Hocus Pocs or peek around every corner in hopes that Michael Myers is not in pursuit. Halloween allows us to conjure up and become whatever our twisted minds imagine.

6. Georgia National Fair

Fall would not be complete without a trip to the fair. Candied apples and funnels with fireworks finales are great for family and friends or a date with that special someone.

Georgia National Fair 

Perry, GA

October 8-18th

$10 Adult Ticket Price

7. Fall Primetime Lineup

Whether you’re watching the love lives of doctors or trying to get away with murder, the fall brings back many of our favorite shows for nail-biting entertainment.

Kashia Knight

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.