3 Tips for the Fashionably Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Let’s admit, we have all been there.  You have an 8 a.m. and you’ve hit the snooze button one too many times.  There’s 10 minutes to class start and you cannot afford another absence.  Here are some tips and tricks to the fashionably late individual in our life.

Outfit:

Have a go to outfit! This’ll take some of the stress of the tie crunch away.  Make sure it’s comfortable, quick, and cute.  Always leave this outfit in a location where you can grab it quickly.  My go to outfit is a plain black sweater, thick cotton leggings, Nike slides, and a baseball hat.

Makeup:

It’s easy to pull all-nighters and wake up looking like Michael Jackson in the Thriller video.  You may not have time to do a full face.  Keep a tube of mascara, powder foundation, and concealer in your bag. L.A. Girl Pro Concealer is my go to.  You can get it from your local beauty supply store for $2.99. 

Pre Pack Your Snacks:

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Most teachers will allow you to eat in their class- just don’t be too loud with it!  Keeping snacks in baggies will allow you to grab and go.  Here are some ideas for pre-packaged foods to get you started:

• Sliced apples and peanut butter
  • Grapes (or any fruit for that matter)
  • Trail Mix
  • Nut Packets
  • Granola

Helpful Tip: The Dining Commons and Lakeside do not allow you to remove food from the premises.  If you are caught removing food, you will have your meal plan revoked and that would suck.

If you have any more quick tips Tweet us @HerCampusGS!

writer/blogger hail southern it's now or never
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.