#ThatAwkwardMoment When You Help Your Roommate Avoid a Walk of Shame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

The universe has blessed me so far this week and allowed me to be relatively not awkward. Due to this amazing feat, I borrowed an awkward story from a friend. My friend, who we will call Rose, was fast asleep in her bed this past Friday morning. She was done with classes and happy to sleep in for once. But suddenly, she was awakened by a phone call from her roommate, who had a crazy Thursday evening and was currently across campus in someone else’s apartment. Not wanting to walk of shame, she begged Rose to bring her clothes so she did not stick out like a sore thumb as she walked through campus at 11 a.m. on Friday morning. So, Rose decided to be a good roommate and got out of bed, grabbed some clothes, and opened the door only to find that it was absolutely pouring out. As her roommate awkwardly waited in this random apartment in full going-out attire, Rose grabbed a raincoat and headed out into the crummy weather. She was in her pajamas, in a rain coat, running through campus, with a pile of clothes in her hands. Rose finally arrived, only to have a super awkward encounter with the people who live in the apartment.  It probably did not help that she was out of breath and soaking wet. Her roommate will forever be thankful, but Rose had an extremely awkward morning running through the rain, scaring innocent freshman, and missing out on sleeping in.