The Spring Break Fling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Spring Break. It may not be the place to find true love, but a little fun never hurt anybody. Here are some tips for making the most out of your Spring Break Fling.

DO Hang out during the day
Because you only really have a week, if you really like a guy you should spend as much time together as possible. Most beach resorts offer fun daytime activities like Parasailing and Banana Boating, which can be really cute and romantic. If you are going skiing, hit the slopes together! This will give you the opportunity to get to spend some sober time together so that you really know what you’re getting yourself into.

DON’T Cheat
Although Spring Break is a time to let loose, you can’t forget about the responsibilities you’ve left behind. Just like a normal hookup, a Spring Break hookup can destroy all of the trust in a relationship in a single moment. Offering your significant other a “Free Pass” for Spring Break is not a good idea, because “what happens in Mexico” never really stays in Mexico.

DO Be Realistic
As much fun as spring break flings can be, keep in mind that they have a very short lifespan. Despite what we’ve learned from Mary-Kate and Ashley movies, vacation romances usually end after the last sunset. Even if you think you have found the love of your life, try to enjoy it for what it’s worth and be ready to let go when the week is over.

DON’T Be Stupid
Even though it doesn’t feel like real life, it still has the same dangers of real life. Make sure not to get too drunk, and don’t EVER go home with someone you don’t know. Always tell your friends where you are, and never go anywhere by yourself. Above everything, remember to be safe.

DO Have Fun!
Flirting with guys when there are no strings attached can so much fun, especially if it means never have to pay for drinks!

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.