This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Are you single and ready to mingle? Some girls readily admit they are naturals when it comes to flirting. Others claim they don’t even realize they’re flirting (yeah, right!) when they talk with a guy. But let’s be honest, whether you’re a pro or a beginner, everyone can use a little flirting advice.

I attended a party this past weekend and, to my dismay, I was one of the few upperclassmen. I sat back and watched the freshmen girls interact with the freshmen boys. It was like watching a comedy routine! I saw girls throwing themselves at any boy who would smile at them or listen to one of their pathetic stories about how hard school is or how glad they were that we had a long weekend. I stared (sort of creepy) and tried not to laugh out loud as the girls used flirting tips that would have succeeded in high school (twirling your hair, giving the puppy eyes, annoying or teasing the boy), but definitely wouldn’t give them a good reputation in college. While high school flirting is a good basis for college flirting, girls that only use those techniques come off as needy and “easy.”

You may be asking yourself, “Well, what does this girl know??” And that is a very valid question, but I’m not just any girl here to render unsolicited advice. My advice is credible- I was voted “Biggest Flirt” in high school. I am not proud of this award, but it does demonstrate that I know what I’m talking about. And, believe it or not, I learned very quickly that high school style flirting doesn’t work in college. Based on my experience, I have compiled three tips to help you catch the attention of any college boy: that hot baseball player in your class, that cute nerdy boy at the gym, or even your best guy friend.

1. Let’s get physical:

Do not be afraid to touch him. By grasping his arm or casually bumping into him, you will automatically place yourself on his radar. Do not, however, embarrass him by grabbing his massive bicep and commenting on his lifting habits or stroking his lips and saying they look very kissable. Take it from an expert: these don’t work!

2. Look at me now:

Someone once told me that staring at a guy’s lips is the key to getting them to kiss you. There’s some psychology behind this theory, but long story short, by looking at his lips, you increase his confidence by letting him know you’re interested in feeling those soft lips brush against yours. I’m serious… this is for real! Try it!

3. Quit playing games with my heart:

Be forward and don’t play games! Make the first move if you’re interested or back away fast if you’re not. Don’t get a guy’s hopes up if you’re not into him, but if you are, SHOW and TELL him! Honesty is the best policy.

Doesn’t sound too hard, right? Throw away those old flirting habits, and start catching the attention of all the good looking studs out there! Good luck and happy flirting!