Say Goodbye to Acne with GLAMGLOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Beginning of high school, I suffered from acne. I bought so many products in hopes that I would eventually clear my skin. No such luck. Nearing the end of high school, I assumed that once I reached college, my skin would magically clear itself up.

BOY, WAS I WRONG.

On my first day of classes as a freshman in college, I woke up to fresh, new blemishes forming a constellation on my face. Great. I looked like a 14-year old girl going through puberty all over again. At one of my many drugstore trips for different acne products to test out, I came across the GlamGlow collection in  . Thinking what else I had to lose, I bought a bottle of the GlamGlow Supermud clearing treatment. That night I put the mask on and it started off as a dark gray and turned a pale blue color. But that wasn’t the shocking part. All the areas around my blackheads, blemishes, and open pores remained darker and I could literally SEE the impurities being pulled from my skin. I have to say, I was a bit grossed out, but equally fascinated.

After 20 minutes, I rinsed off my face. Now here’s the thing: I always hope that my face would magically appear flawless after one mask, but I knew that wasn’t realistic. But when I washed off the mask, I was actually shocked. Not only did my skin look smoother, my blackheads were significantly reduced and some of my blemishes were less red. I spent a good 10 minutes looking at my skin in the mirror after this. And this was only after ONE use? Magic was my only explanation.

I literally used the mask every other night until it ran out. My skin was noticeably brighter and my blackheads were almost nonexistent. Wondering where the hell this was during high school, I was completely on board with GlamGlow. The only caveat is that it’s pretty expensive ($69) for such a small bottle (1.2 oz). Even though GlamGlow really follows through, as a broke college student, I couldn’t afford to go buy another bottle of it at that price, so I did the next best thing.

I put it on my Christmas list.

Source Image retrieved from: http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/10/woman-getting-ready-in-the-morn…

Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.