The Luck of the Irish: St. Patrick’s Day Makeup Tutorials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is simply put one of the biggest party days for Irishmen and non-Irishmen alike. While everyone may have their outfits –Kiss Me I’m Irish/Not-Irish shirts- and plans put together, makeup is a key part of your Saint Patty’s Day outfit. To keep your makeup from smearing try waterproof mascara and eyeliner and cream shadow so it stays put. No one wants to have makeup running down their faces by the end of the night, or have evidence of makeup gone awry in photos. The following looks will show you how to keep a touch of green in your look without making you look like the Hulk, in female form.

Look 1: Erin Go Braugh

This look is super easy! Just use your ring finger to smudge gold eyeshadow across your lid. Next blend a green shadow into your crease until it becomes smokey and smudge the remainder on your lower lashline. Top off with mascara and you’re good to go!

Photo Courtesy of Meg Malhame 

[pagebreak]

Look 2: Pot of Gold

Begin by using a black liquid liner to trace a winged line on your upper lashline. Draw, on top of this line, a gold line to match the one below it. On your lower lashline smudge gold or green eyeshadow. Finish off with mascara and a gold-toned lipgloss. 

Photo Courtesy of themaquillageblog.tumblr.com

[pagebreak]

Look 3: Shenanigans and Shamrocks 

Blend champagne shadow onto your lid and into your inner corner and a bronze shadow into your crease. Use a green eyeliner or green eyeshadow to line your upper lashline and wing out at the end. Smudge the bronze shadow on your lower lashline and if you have any sparkles feel free to dab some on top!  Finish off with mascara and if you have any some shamrock stickers underneath your eye!

Photo Courtesy of Meg Malhame 

Happy St. Patricks Day to all Her Campus readers! 

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.