How To Get the Guy to Leave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Sometimes, after a very long night at the bars or house parties, you just don’t want that late night hookup to stay over! Unless you are dating or have feelings for someone, there is not too much of an incentive to have a sleepover, because, let’s face it, sleeping in a miniature twin bed with a large boy is less than ideal. Us girls need our beauty sleep! But maybe you are okay with the tight squeezed snuggling and would rather the guy leave quickly in the morning. Same rules apply for both situations. Whether you’d prefer to have Mr. Hookup leave at 3 a.m. or 9 a.m., here are some tips to subtly hint that he needs to get back to his own bed ASAP.

1.)  Tell a Lie: A little white lie never hurt anybody! If it’s a Thursday night, say you have an early class the next morning or that you need to wake up to finish a paper due at 9 a.m. If the hookup is during the weekend, say you have family coming in from home or that you have a project meeting. If it is the morning after, he won’t want to be “meeting the fam” in that state. Be careful, though! If you think this hookup could develop into something more, starting off the relationship with a lie is probably not the best idea.

2.)  Tell the Truth: Maybe telling the truth will get the message across just as well! Say that you haven’t gotten any good sleep lately and just really need to sprawl out. This could apply to the morning or night. Suggest meeting up later in the day or the next night so that he doesn’t feel completely defeated.

3.)  Blame the Roommate: Sending out an SOS text to the roommate is sometimes necessary! Let her be the creative one and, hopefully, the guy won’t want to stick around for too much longer, especially if his night or morning has now been filled with girl talk.

4.)  Start Your Day: Take a shower, start your paper, get dressed for the day. If you start off your day with him still in your bed, he will soon feel as though he is overstaying his welcome. Of course, this is way easier in the morning. At night, though, you can simply start listing off the abundance of things you have to do the next day. Talking about everything that has to be accomplished in the morning might overwhelm him or even make him feel bad that he is keeping you up.

5.)  Go to his Place: Although it is nice to be in your own bed, if you want to have complete control of how long you stay, going to his place might be the best option. Then you can leave whenever your heart desires, no questions asked! (If he lives way too far from your house/dorm/apartment, make sure that you’re okay with the walk of shame. There is always the option of calling a cab if it’s late at night too, and, if you play your cards right, you can definitely score a big sweatshirt! ;) )