This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

When talking about favorite seasons in the District, most people think about the city’s cherry blossoms in the springtime. And don’t get me wrong; D.C. in the spring is without a doubt one of the more amazing times of the school year. But fall in Georgetown is overlooked, which is a shame because everyone should notice how gorgeous the townhouses look when lit up with candles and the different colors of leaves that decorate our brick sidewalks. So here are some activities that can distract you from exams and help you celebrate fall the right way.

1. Homestead Farm (Poolesville, MD)—if you (or a friend) have a car at school (or have an on-campus zip car account!), take a drive into Maryland to the Homestead Farm for some apple picking. If you go on the weekends, the farm offers a hayride to the pumpkin patch, just in time for Halloween.  

[pagebreak]

2. Biergarten Haus (1355 H St NE)— Of course, what’s October without Oktoberfest? Grab your lederhosen and head to Biergarten Haus to toast one-liter mugs of German beer at long wooden tables.  

[pagebreak]

3. Black Hill Regional Park (Just North of Germantown, MD)—what better way to appreciate fall than to spend an afternoon hiking miles of trails among the foliage? The park has spectacular views of Little Seneca Lake and offers plenty of space for a picnic!