Holiday Gifts for Your Bestie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Thanksgiving came a week later this year, finals have sped by, eek, and now we have less time to plan holiday gifts for our moms, sisters, and girlfriends.  Here are some of the best girly gift ideas that any girl can appreciate!

1. Candles

All girls love to smell good, and they especially love a good-smelling room. It is always such a treat when your room smells like a misty rainforest or fresh cinnamon, making candles a perfect holiday gift for your girlfriends. Anthroplogie sells some of the best candles at very affordable prices. The one pictured above is the Volupsa Cut Glass Jar that comes in Crane Flower, Baltic Amber, Gogi Berry, Mokara, Santiago Huckleberry, and French Cade (all $26).

www.anthropologie.com

2. Picture Frames

Picture Frames are a great gift because people often keep them forever. If you are struggling to personalize a gift, purchasing one of these Jonathan Adler picture frames is a great gift that can be paired with a cute picture of you with your sister or girlfriend!

www.jonathanadler.com

3. Nail Polish

These days, nail polish is just as much an accessory as a bracelet or necklace. Girls love changing their nail colors to match their outfits or change with the seasons. Essie just released their new winter nail polish line, which could be a great gift for any girl.

www.essie.com

4. Life is like a Box of Chocolates!

What girl doesn’t like chocolate? Hopefully none. During the Holiday season, chocolates of all sorts are available everywhere. And no matter how many times girls say, “I am not going to gain weight this holiday season,” they will never hesitate to accept a box of chocolates!

5. Scarf, Scarf, Scarf

Scarves are the ultimate double-wammy accessories—they are fashionable and comfortable. Scarves can be paired with any outfit to dress them up a bit, making them a great holiday gift for any girl.

As a native to New York City, I pride myself in my cosmopolitan upbringing. At a very young age I was exposed to the best of art, fashion, health, and food. Some of my favorite things to do in the city are to shop in Soho and the Greenwich Village, try new restaurants in Tribeca, and splurge on some of my favorite workout classes like SoulCycle and Pilates. However a perfect day for me would be to hang out with my family at our summer house in upstate New York, making dinners and watching football. At Georgetown, I am majoring in English and minoring in Business, with an interest in pursuing a possible marketing or public relations career. In my ideal world, I would graduate from Georgetown and work for SoulCycle, a boutique indoor cycling studio that combines both mind and body into a full-body workout (it is also a dance party on a bike), for the first half of my career, and then start my own boutique interior design and home good magazine with my sisters. In this sense, I love writing for Her Campus because it allows me to share my interest in health, fitness, and art with a community of like-minded women.