This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

1. Flares

Skinny jeans have been in for too long. Take a break from the skinny silhouette and wear flares instead. You can elongate your legs by wearing them with wedges or high heels.

2. Faux-Fur Stole

This piece is perfect for the winter: it adds a delicate lady like look plus adds warmth. You can shrug it over your shoulder to create a chic modern look.

3. Vibrant Maxi Skirt

It’s no secret that the maxi skirt is one of the most comfortable clothing to wear. Pair it with a sharp blouse to create a refined look.

4. Turtlenecks

Despite turtlenecks once nerdy connotations, they can be incredibly chic and versatile.  To help your transition from fall to winter, you can layer warmer pieces over your turtleneck.

5. Ankle boots

Every girl knows this boot – an ankle boot is old faithful, your go-to everyday boot. 

6. Chunky Sweaters

Winter is the perfect time to live by the “sweater weather is better weather” saying. There is nothing wrong with bundling up with the biggest sweater available. You can balance out your outfit with skinny jeans.

7. Shearling

Perfect for those freezing days where you can’t seem to get out of bed, nothing will be more comfortable or warm than a shearling coat. Because of that, this trend keeps popping up in a variety of ways: oversize coats, vests, puffer jackets, and more.

Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.