This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Spring Break is over which means, yes, sadly homework, exams, and papers will resume and those 8:30 a.m. alarms are going to have to be reset on your iPhones. The days of lazily tanning, watching TV and relaxing are over (until Easter Break, that is), and many of you are probably yearning for it all to replay again. But before we start reminiscing on all of the great SB memories, let’s take a second to remember that the end of spring break comes with a lot of positives too! In order to avoid Post Spring Break Depression (PSBD as it is known to us college kids), here are just a few reminders that the best of the semester is yet to come:

1. Post SB Bod: Yes. Finally. Your hair is a little blonder and your skin is a little darker and you couldn’t feel better about yourself. You worked your butt off in Yates in order to get that perfect SB bod so now the hard part is over! You probably feel like a new and improved woman walking back onto campus. So own that sun kissed bod and strut your stuff! Everyone knows that a little tan gives a girl some killer confidence.
  2. St. Patty’s Day Weekend: Whether you are Irish or not, St. Patty’s Day is a weekend to be heavily celebrated. Even better…the weekend is conveniently situated immediately after SB. So maybe you didn’t go on a super crazy vacation to Miami or Mexico but, hey, you have St. Patty’s Day to focus on which is going to be just as (dare I say more…) fun than drinking mojitos in Cancun. Go get that green face paint and shamrock stickers ASAP and embrace the holiday that is all about the luck of the Irish (and the Hoyas).
  3. 2.5 Weeks of School: School work sucks, I know, but think about it…you only have to go through 2.5 weeks of pain before you are back on vacation! Thank you, Jesuits and Jesus. Don’t sweat it the weeks will fly by in a blink of an eye.
  4. Warm Weather: The conclusion of Spring Break means that DC weather is going to finally improve! That means that all of the wacky, up and down, and freezing temperatures are going to start to disappear, replaced by sunny skies and warmer climate. Day parties, tailgates, runs to the monuments, GUGS burgers, concerts, tanning on top of Leavey, and no more clunky jackets are all within our grasp! 
Julia Matin

Georgetown

Julia Matin is a senior at Georgetown University, studying English and Government. She is Vice President of Human Resources at the Georgetown University Alumni and Student Federal Credit Union, the largest student-run financial institution in the country. Her interests include writing, lacrosse, field hockey, and skiing. Julia is thrilled to be co-founding the Georgetown branch of Her Campus with Catherine Murphy!