Ask Jane Hoya: Our New Advice Blog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Have you ever had a question that you’ve been too embarrassed to ask a friend about? Maybe about that cute guy who your friends don’t approve of? Or how annoying your roommate is now that they’re single, again?

Well, Her Campus Georgetown now has a place where you can ask all your embarrassing and personal questions anonymously: Ask Jane Hoya. Our new blog will allow you to ask any question (within reason) anonymously and we’ll give you our best advice. You can ask about school, relationships, jobs, family or anything gong on in your life.

All you have to do is email your question to askjanehoya@gmail.com and we’ll be answering as many questions as we can each a week. Ask Jane Hoya is 100% anonymous!

Here’s the first Ask Jane Hoya question!

Dear Jane Hoya,

My boyfriend and I have been fighting a lot recently. We’ve been dating for over a year and so far we haven’t had any issues. However, recently his ex-girlfriend transferred to George Washington University and she keeps texting him and asking him to hang out. He says I should just trust him and I don’t want to fight but I really don’t like the idea of him spending time with her. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Confused and Frustrated

Dear Confused and Frustrated,

Although I firmly believe trust is essential to any relationship I don’t think anyone hanging out with his or her ex is a good idea. If you have history with a person that just doesn’t go away and it’s easy to get caught up in those old feelings you thought you let go of. My suggestion is the next time she wants to hang out, tell him that you’re going too. That way you can know for yourself just how “friendly” their relationship is.

Hope that helps,

Jane Hoya

We can’t wait to receive more of your questions and give you our best advice so please don’t hesitate to ask us anything. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Julia Matin

Georgetown

Julia Matin is a senior at Georgetown University, studying English and Government. She is Vice President of Human Resources at the Georgetown University Alumni and Student Federal Credit Union, the largest student-run financial institution in the country. Her interests include writing, lacrosse, field hockey, and skiing. Julia is thrilled to be co-founding the Georgetown branch of Her Campus with Catherine Murphy!