This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Whether or not you believe that gemstones have healing powers, they are really pretty! Read to find out what gemstone you need based on your zodiac sign.

Capricorn: Rose Quartz

Sometimes you can get so serious Capricorn! You need to learn to trust yourself and others so that you can embrace the emotional side of yourself that you try to hide. This is why you should pick up some rose quartz! This beautiful pink stone is great for learning to trust, love, and accept your emotions.

Aquarius: Onyx

Aquarius people tend to lose focus and drift off, which is why onyx is an Aquarius’s best friend! This stone will help you focus and practice self-discipline. I recommend that you find a piece of onyx that fits right in the palm of your hand so that you can rub its surface when you’re feeling distant.

Pisces: Aquamarine

Aquamarine promotes self-empowerment, which is perfect for you Pisces! Pisces often feel the need to latch onto others, but you can succeed on your own—especially if you invest in some aquamarine!

Aries: Moon Stone

The impulsive nature of an Aries can be frustrating to the people around them. Moon stone is used to help develop and foster patience. With a little bit of patience an Aries will be able to think about their actions for a minute before they act impulsively.

Taurus: Smoky Quartz

The first word that comes to mind when I hear “Taurus” is stubborn! That’s why I recommend smoky quartz to all you Taurus’s out there. This stone is grounding, clearing and promotes practical action. You know why you need that Taurus folks.

Gemini: Garnet

Gemini are incredibly dynamic people. Their personalities are like a coin because they have two sides! Sometimes having such an extreme and dual personality can bring a Gemini down. That’s why I recommend that every Gemini get a garnet stone in their life! This deep red stone promotes a feeling of self-worth in its owner.

Cancer: Malachite

This gemstone might be the most obscure on the list, but believe me it’s a perfect match for any Cancer! This green stone helps with leadership and confidence. Because Cancers are always thinking of others first, they often become the leader in any group. With this stone you can sharpen your leadership skills and your confidence in your abilities!

Leo: Larimar

I lied about malachite being the most obscure, because this beautiful, light blue stone is equally as obscure! This stone promotes relaxation, peace and communication. Leos are so often bright and loud figures. They tend to dominate a room, but they also could work on taking it down a few notches to relax and communicate better so that they don’t take over every conversation.

Virgo: Citrine

Virgos are super creative and successful! That’s why every Virgo should own a citrine stone. Citrine helps its owner become more imaginative and more appreciative toward their imagination. Let your mind wander Virgos, with some citrine and some daydreaming, you might think of the best thing since sliced bread!

Libra: Azurite

Despite their image being a scale, Libras can have a hard time weighing the pros and cons when making decisions. This leads to indecisiveness! Azurite helps with one’s vision, insight and learning which could come in handy to a Libra the next time they have to make a big decision.

Scorpio: Amethyst

I promise that I didn’t pick amethyst for Scorpio just because it’s my favorite gemstone and I’m a Scorpio. That was only half the reason! Amethyst can help enhance one’s intuition, and Scorpios are the most intuitive sign. They are powerful people, and with an amethyst to guide their already great intuition, they will always see what’s coming next!

Sagittarius: Emerald

Sagittarius’s have a habit of being cold and insensitive, but it’s okay because emerald can help! Emeralds are good for learning love and compassion in abundance.

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest

Hannah Fahy

Geneseo '20

Hannah Fahy is a junior English secondary education major at SUNY Geneseo. She is very involved on campus as the secretary of Circus Club and a general member of Musical Theater Club. She is also the social media coordinator of the Geneseo Her Campus chapter! She is an aspiring unicyclist who enjoys reading, donating blood, and knitting. She is always learning a new skill because she believes that you should never stop learning.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.