This Weird Japanese Tumblr Makes Insanely Detailed Balloon Animals and I’ve Never Found a Better Blog to Procrastinate With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

You can make a dog? Big deal. Masayoshi Matsumoto, a Japanese Tumblr user, makes balloon animals that would eat your dog in a heartbeat.

(Source)

And to think that I can barely make a snake. Which, by the way, they’ve also made.

(Source)

(Source)

Their Tumblr blog Isopresso specializes in making insanely complicated balloon animals that even someone who lacks the lung capacity to properly inflate a regular party balloon (read: me) can appreciate. And what better time to appreciate someone’s handiwork then when you have homework to put off, preferably for as long as possible?

(Source)

The best part? Not a single one of their creations uses materials other than balloons. That’s right—no markers, no adhesives, no anything.

(Source)

Did you know that balloons could even do that?

With posts going all the way back to 2014 and almost any animal imaginable making an appearance, it’s easy to get lost paging further and further on this amazing blog.

(Source)

(Source)

This counts as studying for your Ecology exam, right?

They even have a side blog called Latex Bones dedicated solely to creating anatomically correct skeleton models of animals—also all made with balloons.

(Source)

Consider asking this person to take a swing over to your cousin’s sixth birthday party instead of that clown your aunt insisted on hiring.

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest

Jessica Bansbach is a junior psychology major who has more campus club memberships than fingers and toes. In her spare time, if she's forgotten that she's a college student that has more pressing matters to attend to (like, say, studying), she enjoys video games, thrift shopping, and ruminating. She was elected "funniest in group" by her summer camp counselor when she was nine and has since spent the next eleven years trying to live up to the impossible weight of that title.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.