This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

As the year comes to an end, let’s hear what our beloved seniors have to say about what they’ll miss about Geneseo!

Kiersten Coates

I’m going to miss the ease of being able to walk out of my house and go for a nice long walk to de-stress or just enjoy some fresh air. Sure, I can go on walks anywhere but there’s something peaceful that comes from the streets in Geneseo and the hills around campus. I’ll also miss the ups and downs that have shaped me into the person I’ve become from these past four years.

Margaux Carmel

By far, I will miss the people that have grown to be my family here at Geneseo. While I will stay in touch with those I love, it won’t be the same as being able to see them on a regular basis, either in person or in Zoom meetings. Geneseo is definitely such an important place for me, but mostly because of the people I know who are there.

Rebecca Williamson

Wow what can I say? There are so many things I’ll miss about Geneseo. The sunsets. Main Street. I’m also going to really miss the organizations I’ve been a part of—Her Campus, The Lamron, OGX, Career Development, Gandy Dancer and so much more. Within these orgs, I’ve met so many wonderful professors, faculty and friends. I know they’ll always be there for me. The entire Geneseo community is just amazing. There’s no other place where someone will hold the door open for you even if you’re five feet away from the entrance. I’m so thankful I’ve been able to leave so much of myself at Geneseo. While I’m going to miss it, I’m excited to be moving on.

We love you guys, and we’ll miss you so much!! Good luck with everything the future has in store for you!!

Margaux (they/them) is a senior Women and Gender Studies major at SUNY Geneseo. Outside of Her Campus, they work at Geneseo's Office of Diversity and Equity, is on the executive board of Pride Alliance, and is an active Safe Zone trainer. They love to write about diversity, mental health, and environmentalism, with the occasional goofy topic or two (or five). Margaux hopes to someday be the coolest gender studies professor you will ever have.
Just a girl who loves all things holistic health, fitness, and lifestyle! Here to share about the things that bring me joy. Enneagram 9w8
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.