This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

I think many of us can agree that this question is extremely difficult to answer. Whether it’s because of the person who’s asking or not being sure where to start, it can definitely be daunting. And, hey, Her Campus at Geneseo has been away for a while! So what has our Executive Board been up to in that time?

Nina Fichera

What hasn’t happened in the last few months? I added education as a double major—guess who’s gonna be a high school English teacher?—got to see Taylor Swift in concert at the same time as I met one of my long-distance friends in person for the first time (love you, Alyn!) and learned I don’t need to be seen for my scoliosis again until I’m 26. I turned 21, and had my official first drink with my mom (at a Red Robin, but still). I’ve also been writing a lot, cracking 100 fanfics posted on my Archive of Our Own account and then some, plus planning for my next NaNoWriMo project and the semester as a whole. It’s definitely going to be a busy one.

On the other hand, it hasn’t all been peaches and cream. I had my first breakup, which wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, since she and I are still really good friends like we were before. I’ve been tired all the time, and kind of stressed about all the work I have on my plate this semester, along with trying to figure out logistics for my final three semesters. I’ll just have to see how this semester takes me, one day at a time, but it honestly kills me that I don’t have everything I possibly could exactly in line the way I want it. It’s been kinda hard to feel up to a lot of things, and I think I’ve really only done things with my friends once apart from the concert, which was a birthday party that I couldn’t stay at long because it was late and I had work the next morning. So I’m looking forward to seeing my school friends again. I missed them a lot.

Madison Dedrick

I guess not much has happened for me for the summer, sadly. The highlight was two days after I left Geneseo, my family and I were headed to Disney World for two weeks, which was super fun but also extremely hot. Not as busy, either, which was great. I went to see Darius Rucker in Canandaigua, which was great. I sadly had to do a blood test this summer for the first time, which was really not fun. I was bruised for about a week. My dad was working on some stuff with his health as well which is also nerve-wracking because I am an only child, and many people including myself and my mom say I’m my dad’s mini, which is very true.

Otherwise I’ve just been working, working, working, making a lot of money. I also am currently taking a class for PSYCH 216, which isn’t bad at all, so yeah! That’s been my summer, and I’m ready to be back!!

Lauren Davies

I feel like this summer has consisted of so many busy days! These past few months have been great to me. I started off the summer by seeing Taylor Swift in concert with my sisters, a dream that younger me could not have imagined. I returned to my summer job as a park attendant, a job that I am lucky to love and that has treated me well these past couple of summers! Oh, and I started a podcast with a friend! It has been an adventure. 

As I walk into my senior year, I will tackle a semester of student teaching, which is a task that I have been looking forward to for years, but now I am definitely feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness (that has to be totally normal though, right?). I am so excited to see what this school year brings me, and hopefully that includes a diploma at the end! 

Jess Marinaro

This past summer has been one of the busiest of my life! I worked in landscaping throughout the summer and had a great time. I definitely enjoyed my time doing work outside, but I can say with certainty that I’m ready for fall to come. I saw Taylor Swift in Philadelphia in June, an event that my sister and I had been desperately waiting for since the moment we got tickets. The show was magical and I was insanely lucky to be able to go. Taylor is my all time favorite artist and I never dreamed I’d get to see her live, and in a crowd of over 70,000 people no less! I got to spend a lot of time with my sisters this summer and reconnecting with them has been so special. I saw the Barbie movie twice—once with my youngest sister and once with both of my sisters–and it was as incredible as everyone is making it out to be. I’ve been in love with Greta Gerwig’s work for some time now (with Little Women and Lady Bird being some of my all time favorite movies) so I knew Barbie would be spectacular and poignant, but it truly was so much more than I thought it would be. I’m very excited to maybe write an article about it this semester. 

I also got to spend a lot of time with my girlfriend and my friends from home who I haven’t seen in a while. I went to my first ever Pride parade and it was lovely in every way. The Rochester Pride crew couldn’t have been more welcoming and celebratory if they tried! I celebrated six months with my girlfriend and I turned 21 (I’m really looking forward to being able to go to bars around Geneseo). I also finally got my license after years and years of crippling driving anxiety. It has truly been a milestone summer. Now I’m looking forward to a milestone academic year!

This semester is looking busy!

And we’re of course excited to share it with all of you!

Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.
Madison Dedrick is the Treasurer for this group. She writes about opinions and what is going on locally. As well as opening the community and wanting to create a larger community. Such as writing about how to make fall and winter in upstate new york worth it. Beyond HER Campus Madison is part of the School of Education as a Senior Adolescent English program. She is also part of the Lamron in the news section. As well as being published three times in Teen Ink Magazine for a variety of different topics. In her free time, Madison loves spending time with her family and being outdoors with them. Also if she isn't with her family she is on the field playing field hockey as well.
Lauren Davies

Geneseo '24

Lauren is the social media director and event coordinater for HerCampus at Geneseo. She keeps all the HerCampus at Geneseo socials up to date, and plans fun events on the Geneseo campus! Outside of HerCampus, Lauren is an English Adolescent Education major at Geneseo! In Lauren's free time she loves to walk her dog, Stewart, podcasting, drinking coffee, and hanging out with her friends!
Jess Marinaro

Geneseo '24

Jess Marinaro is the senior editor and secretary at the Her Campus at SUNY Geneseo. They edit articles and correspond with general members of the club. Outside of Her Campus, Jess is studying English Creative Writing and Sustainability Studies. They have had creative writing published in literary magazines such as Gandy Dancer and Iris Magazine. They are a member of Sigma Tau Delta. She is also an RA at Geneseo’s campus and loves helping her residents. When not hunched over her computer, Jess can often be found hiking, running, or frolicking around the nearest New York State Park with Geneseo’s Outdoor’s Club. They love to write about queer topics, taylor swift, and movies–especially horror.