This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Nina Fichera

For the third year in a row, I’m going as Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa. Danganronpa is one of my favorite video games (despite having never actually played it), and Junko’s outfit is the first cosplay I’ve ever done. I even made a lot of it myself, including cross-stitching the pattern on her tie and sewing two bows together for her red-and-white bow. It was a lot of fun, and I’m super proud of it!

Taylor Bramhall

I actually have three costumes this year, which is typically unheard of for me. My friend and I are going as Raven and Starfire from the show Teen Titans for one of the nights of Halloweekend as we felt that it suits our personalities very well. On another night as a sort of throw-away, last minute costume, I decided I’m going to be an angel (which, in hindsight, is just an excuse to wear a new white dress I got and didn’t have anywhere to wear!), and the last one is a couple’s costume with my boyfriend and I – we’re going as the nurse and the sailor from the famous 1945 photograph “Kissing the War Goodbye” by Alfred Eisenstaedt. The trickiest part is going to be getting that kissing pose down!

Madison Centeno

I have two costumes this year. My first one is Velma from Scooby Doo and my second is Bloom from Winx Club. I chose these because they are very cute and I can make it as nice as I can. And they were great from group costumes which is what my friends and I needed. 

Jessica Marinaro

I adore dressing up for Halloween. This year I had two costumes: on Friday I threw together a last minute Tate Langdon costume. I was really impressed by my own makeup skills, the skeleton face turned out pretty good! I got way more compliments on it than I expected to. For actual Halloween, I’m being Harley Quinn from Birds of Prey. I’ve been so excited about this costume, and I can’t wait to put it all together!

Madison Centeno is a junior sociology and women's and gender studies major. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!
Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.
Studying to be an English teacher at SUNY Geneseo, Taylor is a romantic at heart with a love for the arts, vintage fashion, reading, and writing poetry♡