This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Nina Fichera

I love karaoke and unfortunately haven’t done it in so long. I think the last song I sang during karaoke was Carrie Underwood’s “All-American Girl,” but I think I could slay any of Taylor Swift’s songs during karaoke, especially ones like “All Too Well” and “State of Grace.” Basically any of the songs on her Red album are where my vocals fit well, though I’d love to try some of her songs from folklore and evermore as well.

Madison Centeno

I don’t go to karaoke often but when I do I would say any Adele or ABBA song does it for me. The passion I can play out while singing any of their songs is just too much for anyone to handle. I love being extra and I feel like any song from either of those artists allows me to do that. I don’t have a specific song because they are all just too good and equally capable of the same effect. 

Dara Scolnick

I haven’t really done much karaoke but I sang in a singing competition a few times when I was a kid and Avril Lavigne’s music was so fun to sing. I sang “Keep Holding On” and it’s a still a song I love to this day. I love all of her old music. Honestly, any 2000s song that I listened to growing up would be super fun to sing at a karaoke bar! This is making me definitely want to go to a karaoke bar soon!

Julia Clancy 

I’m not really a karaoke type of gal, but in high school I was Tanya in a production of Mamma Mia, so anything by ABBA is completely fair game. My other go-to option would have to be One Direction, seeing as I was a die hard 1D stan and still know their entire discography! I would absolutely love to belt out some “Best Song Ever” surrounded by people who have never even heard it, maybe a karaoke bar is in my near future!

Jessica Marinaro

I love karaoke when I’m just with friends or my sisters, even though I’m an awful singer. My go-to karaoke has got to be any Taylor Swift song, as I am a massive fan of hers. Specifically, anything from Red. “Treacherous,” “All Too Well,” “State of Grace”—I could probably scream-sing any song off the album I’ve listened to it so much.

Madison Centeno is a junior sociology and women's and gender studies major. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!
Dara Scolnick

Geneseo '22

Dara is a senior who has an individualized studies major titled, "Child & Youth Studies." She is a member of Alpha Phi Omega, where she follows a passion of hers, which is volunteering. She also enjoys writing and sharing her thoughts with other students which is why she joined Her Campus! She is the Co-Events Coordinator for Geneseo's HC as well!
Julia is a senior Communication Major at Geneseo! She loves to write and is so elated that Her Campus lets her do just that. Julia will forever mourn the loss of her favorite band, One Direction.
Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.