This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Nina Fichera

I have a lot of favorite cartoons, so instead of just saying one, I’ll give a couple: The Owl House, Pokemon, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir, Strawberry Shortcake and Carmen Sandiego. I have a lot of love for these five in particular, The Owl House and its new episodes specifically. It deserves such better treatment than Disney is currently giving it, and everyone knows it.

Lauren Davies

My favorite cartoon will always be Spongebob. It’s basic but it is so funny, even as an 18 year old. I loved it as a kid and will still watch it when I am in a bad mood. I genuinely believe that watching Spongebob is what made me funny (and humble!). Also, if you were not allowed to watch Spongebob as a kid I am sorry but also strongly encourage you to go watch it now. Oh also, shoutout to Bob’s Burgers because that is great too. 

Jess Marinaro

My favorite cartoon right now is probably She-Ra Princess of Power. At first when I was recommended this show I wasn’t sure, but after watching the first few episodes I was immediately hooked. This show has everything you want in a cartoon: great queer rep, lovely humor and all the best bright and colorful superhero stuff. It’s healing my inner child one episode at a time.

Madison Centeno 

I love watching cartoons. I have seen so many and I mostly watch adult animation but any animation is beautiful to me. My favorites have to be Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman, Gravity Falls and Amphibia. The first two are very dark and just have such a beautiful layer of weird to them. The last two have very similar animation styles and they are so cute and wholesome. It helps after a stressful day.

Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.
Lauren Davies

Geneseo '24

Lauren is the social media director and event coordinater for HerCampus at Geneseo. She keeps all the HerCampus at Geneseo socials up to date, and plans fun events on the Geneseo campus! Outside of HerCampus, Lauren is an English Adolescent Education major at Geneseo! In Lauren's free time she loves to walk her dog, Stewart, podcasting, drinking coffee, and hanging out with her friends!
Madison Centeno is a junior sociology and women's and gender studies major. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!