Madison Centeno

I can not stand getting pretzels. You’d be surprised to see how many people have given out those little bags of pretzels for Halloween. I get that it’s healthier than a bunch of candy, but Halloween is made for candy; please stick to it. It’s not the worst, I do love pretzels but it’s super disappointing to get them instead of candy. My favorite thing to get is the single packaged but full sized Reese’s. The mini Reese’s don’t have the same flavor as the normal ones, so when people give out the actual sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, it makes my heart so happy. 

Julia Clancy 

This is most certainly an unpopular opinion, but my two favorite candies would definitely have to be 100 Grand bars and Heath Bars! I’m fully aware that usually those are peoples least favorite Halloween candy, but honestly that just means more for me! My least favorite candy would probably be any kind of lollipops, I’ve never really been a fan of them, and I’ve gotten my hair stuck to more lollipops than I can count. 

Taylor Bramhall

My favorite Halloween candy of all time is the tiny Nestle Crunch Bars that come in the big, multi-candy packs! Those, and, if I can find them, miniature Cookies and Cream bars. As for my least favorite, I am not a fan of Butterfingers or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (and I think I’m the only one on Earth that doesn’t like them!). 

Ariagna Sosa 

Starting off with my least favorite, it would have to be those sticky chewy ones, Laffy Taffy. They are so hard to consume, they are messy and very hard to chew. Not only that, they tend to get stuck in my teeth, which kills it for the other candy that I want to eat. They are good if that’s the only candy you want to have that night, but c’mon now, it’s Halloween. As for favorites, I love when I get Snickers. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty. They bring so many memories from my childhood. 

Nina Fichera

Reese’s are the best, hands-down! Well, I would love to get Paydays, but nobody gives those out on Halloween. As for my least favorite, I hate candies like Smarties and SweeTarts, the super sugary ones. Really anything that’s just pure sugar I can’t stand, which I think is an unpopular opinion.

Katelyn John

I’m not sure how frequently Twizzlers get handed out in other neighborhoods, but they’re my least favorite Halloween treats. They’re truly just strawberry scented plastic! There’s no soft chew and the lack of flavor makes it an all-around disappointing candy. On the other hand, KitKats and Reese’s are top tier Halloween candies. Chocolate and peanut butter is a divine combination, and you can never really go wrong with chocolate wafers.

Madison Centeno is a freshman sociology major, who plans on double majoring in women's studies. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!
Julia is a sophomore Communication Major at Geneseo! She loves to write, and is so elated that Her Campus lets her do just that.
Studying to be an English teacher at SUNY Geneseo, Taylor is a romantic at heart with a love for the arts, vintage fashion, reading, and writing poetry. ♡ Follow her on Instagram: @tay.bramhall
Katelyn John

Geneseo '24

Katelyn is a Bio Adolescent Ed major at Geneseo. In her spare time, she can be found reading web-novels, watching horror movies, or playing videogames.
Nina Fichera

Geneseo '24

Nina Fichera is an avid writer and reader, and can often be found writing somewhere (usually in her room) with her trusty journal. She is working towards an English degree, with the hopes of becoming a Creative Writing professor.