Girl Laying Down In Bed Back Cool Bra

Round Table: First Bra

Getting your first bra is a right of passage for any women or women-identifying individual. Sometimes it’s good; sometimes it’s bad, but bras become a necessity for most women at some age in their lives.

Here are Her Campus at Geneseo’s first experiences with bras and how we were feeling.

Sydney Julien

I think my first bra was one of those like white trainer bras that’s pretty much a glorified crop top. Pretty sure I got them at limited too. 

Margaux Carmel

Like all the clothes I wore in my pre-teen years, my first bra was a hand-me-down from my older sister. To be honest I don’t even remember what it looked like, which I’m kind of thankful for.

Megan Kelly

I didn’t need my first bra really, but I demanded I get one because all the other girls needed one. I still barely need a bra.

Rebecca Williamson

I’m pretty sure it was one of those basic training bras. It was really thin, but I needed it because I’m a dancer. I was probably in like 5th grade. 

Kayla Glennon

I don’t have a specific memory that comes with my first bra. I know I had little tiny ones until I suddenly needed bigger ones and my mom would say, “You need something to hold these puppies.”

Jessica Bansbach

I was the proud owner of a fully-branded, Walmart-originated Hannah Montana training bra. It had a little emblem of her guitar and not her face, thank god.

We hope your stories were as good as ours!