This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Dinosaurs may have been around a long time ago, but they still make us all wonder what life would be like. We all have secret Jurassic Park wishes, as long as they don’t eat us of course!

Rebecca Williamson

As someone who has watched all the Jurassic Park movies, I have the right to say I would love a velociraptor, specifically Blue. Blue has saved so many people throughout all of the movies, and she is a sweetheart despite her murderous tendencies. Technically, since Blue in the movies is not portrayed as an accurate velociraptor since she is twice the normal size and does not have feathers (I know, it’s strange), I guess I would want my own hybrid dinosaur. Okay, I’m going to stop beating around the bush. I just want Blue.

Megan Kelly

I don’t know if I’m allowed to cheat, but my favorite prehistoric creature is a Quetzalcoatlus. Quetzalcoatlus is a pterosaur, (not a dinosaur) but nonetheless they are extremely cool. They were the size of a giraffe, weighed 200 pounds, and could fly. Every time I look at pictures of them, I don’t think they existed. Their beaks are just so long, and so big compared to the rest of their body. They just look like giant muppets, as shown below.

Victoria Cooke

I like brontosaurus.’ They are herbivores and have long necks. I would like to slide down one of their necks or tails like in the Flintstones. Also, their name apparently means “thunder lizard.” I love that.

Kayla Glennon

I don’t know much about dinosaurs but I think it’s so funny that people think they didn’t have fur or feathers of some sort. If I learned anything from being a biology major for one semester it was that the T-rex was probably pretty much a giant bird.

Again, dinosaurs are cool. That’s all we have to say.

Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Megan Kelly is a psychology major at SUNY Geneseo. She enjoys writing articles about whatever interests her at the moment, so don't expect any consistency.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.
Kayla Glennon

Geneseo '21

Kayla is a junior English major who is optimistic but enjoys exploring lots of emotions, not just ignoring the "bad" ones. They love writing silly things but also being serious, because there are a lot of things that matter and need to be talked about, but giving yourself a break is important too. They love writing about literature but also coming up with ideas for stories of their own. Kayla is constantly just trying to be themself and trying to be around people that make them happy.