Puppy Hand Fun Ring Summer Hapy Original
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

8 Dog Subreddits That Will Make You Go “AWWWWWWWWW!!!”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Reddit can be a big, scary website for those who are unfamiliar, but if there’s one thing it has going for it, it’s the plethora of dog-related subreddits (essentially mini-forums, for those who aren’t Reddit regulars). These subreddits dedicate themselves to posting images of dogs regularly, and exist for literally any dog breed you can think of—as well as for different doggie behaviors, like sitting funny or sticking out their tongues. Here are some of my favorites.

1) r/Corgi

(Source)

Maybe I’m slightly biased since my entire life has been leading up to me owning a corgi, but r/corgi continuously posts some of the best quality dog pictures I’ve ever seen come out of a subreddit. Each photo beautiful captures the personalities of the corgi breed, and they never fail to make me smile.

2) r/wigglebutts

In addition to having one of the best subreddit names I’ve ever heard, this subreddit is dedicated to the Aussie, one of the most beautiful dogs I’ve ever seen.

3) r/dogswithjobs

(Source)

This subreddit is a treasure trove of pictures of dogs on the clock. Ever wanted to ooh and aww at working dogs without distracting them from their task? This is the perfect place to do it.

4) r/dogshowerthoughts

If you’re a fan of doggo speak, r/dogshowerthoughts is written entirely in it. Users take the perspective of a dog and muse about everyday struggles, such as not being able to poop on the carpet.

5) r/bostonterrier

(Source)

Okay, I’ll stop posting subreddits dedicated to my favorite breeds.

6) r/blop

(Source)

This subreddit is dedicated exclusively to dogs sticking out their tongue. For the cat equivalent, check out r/blep.

7) r/puppysmiles

There’s controversy in the scientific community surrounding whether or not dogs are capable of smiling. This subreddit blows any doubt about that out of the water.

8) r/whatswrongwithyourdog

(Source)

Conventional beauty not your thing? r/whatswrongwithyourdog is filled with “ugly” dogs (if such a thing even exists!).

Happy scrolling!

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Jessica Bansbach is a junior psychology major who has more campus club memberships than fingers and toes. In her spare time, if she's forgotten that she's a college student that has more pressing matters to attend to (like, say, studying), she enjoys video games, thrift shopping, and ruminating. She was elected "funniest in group" by her summer camp counselor when she was nine and has since spent the next eleven years trying to live up to the impossible weight of that title.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.