This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Unfortunately, we are still experiencing life through a global pandemic. This means we have to make sacrifices and change up the way we normally do things; however, those sacrifices don’t have to end up in a negative light. Instead, here are some fun things to do with your partner that can substitute for some of those losses. 

Virtual Museum Tour

The first time I ever tried this, I had such a great time. Obviously, I had done this idea with someone who appreciates art and museums as much as I did, which definitely added to the fun. All I did was go on the Google Arts and Culture website and I found hundreds of exhibits to explore as well many other interactive activities that could be done. I really enjoyed this because it was a fun way to get to learn something new while spending time with someone I care about. I personally picked one exhibit and we each took turns reading the descriptions and little notes. After each section, we would talk about what we liked most and things we found interesting. And if museums are just not your thing, hang tight, because I have a bunch of other fun ideas.

Questionnaires

This activity is so great for newer couples but also is fun if you and your partner have been together for a while and feel there are still more things you can know about each other. Asking each other these questions is also a beautiful way to strengthen your communication skills and ensure that you and your partner are able to build a strong foundation when it comes to sharing feelings and thoughts. Here is one of my favorite questionnaires. I did this by making a zoom call and simply sharing my screen so we both could see all the questions and our faces. Once you do that, go ahead and start!

Zoom and Uber Eats

As someone who absolutely loves food and would jump on the chance to order something new, this idea is perfect. Pick a type of cuisine that is available in both you and your partner’s area, order to your different locations and enjoy together. To add some spice to this, why not dress up and have a fancy zoom dinner date?

Game Night

I am 100 percent by no means a “gamer girl;” however, I do enjoy playing games once in a while. Some of the best games to play with other people are “Among Us” (which you can download for free on your phone), “Animal Crossing”, “Mario Kart” (if you have a Nintendo Switch) and even JackBox games which can be played with a phone/tablet or computer.

Netflix Party

Last but not least, Netflix Party. I decided to put this last because it’s pretty popular and many people know about this already. If you didn’t, NetflixParty is a service that allows you to stream your favorite TV shows and movies at the same time as your partner and friends. By using this, you can chat with your partner about what you’re watching and also pause and play at the same time so everyone is at the same moment. I use this all the time and the best part is that it also works for Hulu, Disney Plus and HBO. 

Overall, I found these ideas incredibly fun and helpful when things got a bit dull over quarantine, and since we are still in a global pandemic I highly recommend trying some of these out to avoid any outside contact. Even if you and your partner live together it might be fun to do these and try something new!

Madison Centeno is a junior sociology and women's and gender studies major. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!