This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

What is Pantone?

Pantone is a color company that works towards trendsetting and marketing for the new year. Every year Pantone releases their ‘color of the year’, which showcases a popular color that will be seen throughout the year in numerous ways. Whether it is seen in fashion, interior design, or just casual advertisements, Pantone stays ahead of the color trends and gives you a strong idea of what colors you will be seeing the most in the upcoming years.

color of the year for 2023

Pantone has announced their color of the year for 2023: Viva Magenta! This color is a bright hot pink that makes a statement. This color will definitely be a staple for fashion this year, and it is time to get ahead of this trend before it comes.

Schermata 2022 12 02 alle 10.13.05

Fashion

With Viva Magenta being such a bold color, styling it may be a bit difficult to figure out at first, but once mastered it will become a staple in your wardrobe. Different ways to add viva magenta into your wardrobe is by making it the statement on your outfit. Having a sweater or a pair of pants in Viva Magenta can really make an outfit look bold and stylish. This color styled with some basics can turn a typical, plain outfit into a trendy statement look.

If a bold outfit is not your thing, you can definitely use the new color of the year to accessorize. A handbag, earrings, or a scarf would be great ways to add to an outfit without Viva Magenta being the focal point. Adding strong colors to basic pieces can change the look of a whole outfit, even if it is just with simple accessories. Don’t be afraid to have fun and explore these different creative accessories with such a fun color.

interior design

Viva Magenta can also be this year’s newest addition to sprucing up your space. Whether you add a lamp in this color, a vase, or even something big like a couch, this color can really change up a space and make comfort and style accomplished for this year. This color will be a popular accent in new home spaces in the upcoming year, so expect to see it almost everywhere.

Advertisements

Companies will also add this color to their advertisements this year knowing that it is the color of the year to show off their forward-mindedness and commitment to staying on top of trends. Due to Pantone using color matching, they know what color consumers will be most drawn to. These 2023 advertisements will be proof of that, thanks to Pantone.

Check it out!

Overall, Pantone gives a glimpse into the biggest color trends the year has in store and what colors to expect in your shopping trips. Viva Magenta will be a big trend this year and be seen in so many places. Keep an eye out and get excited for the new color of the year!

Hi! My name is Makenna, and I am the GCU Her Campus correspondent. I am a senior majoring in business management, and I am from Arizona! I love reading, writing, and being a part of Her Campus GCU!