This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

The holiday season is here and everyone is beginning to put up their lights and pull out all those great decorations! It is finally the time where we start to hear our favorite Christmas songs play on the radio, in stores, and even on our own time. Christmas music ranges from traditional songs that our grandparents love so much, and all those fantastic covers by the pop artists we enjoy today. Holiday music puts everyone in the mood for Christmas, and makes it feel like we all need to start busting out our ugly Christmas sweaters!

1. “Silent Night” – Roger Whittaker

This is a classic Christmas carol everyone knows and loves. Roger Whittaker’s version is one of the best because he is able to make it sound like snow is falling outside and all you want is to bundle up with some hot coco and be next to loved ones.

1. “Step into Christmas” – Elton John

A funky, modern Christmas song that gets the whole family excited and dancing around! Elton John gets you excited to decorate, bake cookies, and shop till you drop! It gets you into the whole holiday season and excited for all the great traditions.

1. “O Come All Ye Faithful” – Brothers Cazimero

Another classic song, but sung by a very unique pair of artists. Brothers Cazimero are two Hawaiian singers who put their own twist on many songs including many Christmas songs. This version is sung in Latin, Hawaiian, and English throughout the whole song. A personal favorite, and highly recommend other to check out Brothers Cazimero’s Christmas albums.

1. “Sleigh Ride” – Carpenters

The Carpenters have some of the most classic versions of our favorite Christmas songs. One of their best is this one and everyone knows this one. People around the world play this song on repeat. It somehow makes you want to jump around and sing along no matter what you’re doing.

1. “All I Want for Christmas is You” – Mariah Carey

No holiday playlist should leave out this amazing holiday song. It gets every member of the family in a good mood and dancing around. You get that urge to slide around the house in fuzzy Christmas socks and trying to hit that high note while singing into your hairbrush.

1. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” – Bing Crosby

Bing Crosby’s voice feels like the fireplace is glowing, the mistletoe is hung up everywhere, and the romance is in the air. Whether you are in a relationship or not, this song makes you feel like you’re coming home to a lover or vice versa. This definitely adds the whole romantic side of Christmas where Crosby’s voice just makes you melt.

1. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” – Johnny Mathis

Such a whimsical vibe to this song, where it really makes it feel like snow is falling outside and sugar cookies are baking in the oven. You really feel like Christmas is coming up and you feel the need to make some snow angels.

1. “Mistletoe” – Justin Bieber

One of the best modern Christmas songs is, of course, by the infamous Justin Bieber. This song gets you so ready for all the love and cheer around the holidays. It also gets you all excited for spending the holiday season with significant others or going on a romantic date.

Image: https://www.google.com/search?q=Christmas+songs&safe=active&rlz=1C5CHFA_…

I am a Freshman at Grand Canyon University. My major is currently Business in Marketing with a minor in Literature. I am from Southern California, and love adventuring for new food places! I immensely enjoy traveling, as I have been to Spain, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.