This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

After carrying our childhood and inspiring out-of-the-box architectural thinking, LEGO has never failed to bring new, exciting sets to the table that are sure to help us reminisce about our youth. In the past few years, LEGO has worked hard to create quite a number of sets that are geared toward adults. However, some of the sets tailored to children are still very much a classic that you may want to see, and perhaps even build. Whatever your preferences and interests may be, this list includes it all.

Carl’s House from ‘Up’

Carls House From Up

Based on the heartfelt Pixar film beloved by many, this set is sure to bring some nostalgia and might even be the perfect thing to build while watching the movie itself. The set features the inside of Carl and the late Ellie’s home, even including the iconic mailbox and Ellie’s famed “Adventure Book”. If you’re looking for something to build with a significant other, this may be a great set to represent your committed love.

Twirling Rapunzel

Twirling Rapunzel

This music box Rapunzel set is a personal favorite, as it features a classic character from our childhood and is also relatively inexpensive considering its features and pricing compared with similar sets. Whether it be a gift for a child in your life or to your own inner child, this set hits the nail on the head.

A-Frame Cabin

A Frame Cabin

For any outdoorsy type, this A-Frame Cabin set is a dream. The side of the cabin opens up to reveal an upstairs bedroom and a downstairs kitchen, and the set includes an arrangement of trees, a cozy porch, and even a kayak to further entice those who love the outdoors. This cabin makes the perfect decorative piece for anyone with a woodsy vibe to their home. It’s a very popular set, so it’s best to snag it while it’s still in stock!

Wildflower Bouquet

Wildflower Bouquet

In the last couple of years since the initial release of the classic flower bouquet in 2021, many LEGO fans have been clamoring for more flower arrangements and bouquets. The new wildflower bouquet provides just what these fanatics are looking for. This may be the perfect date or even solo activity. Building it is not only a great way to engage in some creativity, but it also creates an undying bouquet for you to display as a centerpiece after the building process is complete. What more could we ask LEGO for?

Dried Flower Centerpiece

Dried Flower Centerpiece

Continuing on with the Lego flower phenomena, this dried flower centerpiece is a showstopper that makes a great table centerpiece if you want to showcase your love for these beautiful LEGO flowers. The unique dried look is so creative and people are loving it. If you’re in the market for these flowers, get them while you can! They run out of stock fast.

Jazz Club

Jazz Club

This modular building set really goes above and beyond and is perfect for the musician who also has a knack for constructing. The jazz club set features a nightclub with a jazz singer, bassist, and drummer, a rooftop garden, a pizzeria, and an office space. Not to mention how aesthetically pleasing this set is, making it all around the perfect trophy for a musician to have to highlight their talent and express their creativity.

McLaren Solus GT & McLaren F1 LM

McLaren Solus GT McLaren F1 LM

For the car fanatic, this set is the way to go. The set features both the McLaren Solus GT and F1 LM. The build is just the right amount of challenge while offering the perfect display for all the car lovers out there.

Bird’s nest

Birds Nest

This adorable nest is one of my personal favorites. Featuring a mama bird and her babies, this small set is sure to make great home decor, especially for the animal lover in your life. Perfect to set on a windowsill next to a bird feeder in an attempt to attract the real deal.

The Bee Cottage

Minecraft Bee Cottage

For the Minecraft fan, this charming bee cottage is so perfect. The set features a bee-shaped home, a quaint field complete with a buzzing tree, and even a honey bear figurine. This bee home may be the perfect decoration for your cottagecore aesthetic and a great throwback to a classic childhood game.

Beach Camper van

Beach Camper van lego

Closing out this list, the beach camper van is certainly not last. The set includes instructions for three versatile ways it can be put together. One is the classic buggy camper van complete with two outhouses. The second is an ice cream shop + a sand beach buggy, and the third is a double-decker beach villa. This set is incredibly unique, and having versatile ways of building guarantees that you will never lose a place or purpose for it.

2023 has been a great year for LEGO. Their constant expansion into new territories and sets that are geared towards adults in addition to their young audience has continued to grow and the results do not disappoint. These sets are only a fraction of what LEGO has put out this year, and many more exciting sets are rumored to come later on. Be sure to keep a look out for what LEGO is doing in the future, as they really have found a way to create something for everyone!

A Christian Ministry major with a passion for writing about obscure and interesting topics as they relate to women!