This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

If you’ve been in a reading slump, the fall season is the perfect time to get yourself out of it. The cozy vibes during the fall make it the perfect time to cuddle up with your favorite book and fall candle and start reading! Here are some books that will bring you out of your reading slump and will give you all the good fall vibes. 

Once Upon A Broken Heart Series – Stephanie Garber

This is one of my personal favorite series of all time that mixes fantasy and romance. If you are looking for a book that will give you the most magical vibes with the perfect setting this series is definitely for you. If you are not a fan of fantasy books, do not let that stop you from reading this one. The author, Stephanie Garber, makes the plot easy to understand, and you will be captivated by the story after reading just a few pages. The book follows Evangeline Fox and her consequences after striking a deal with the Prince of Hearts. The second book of the series is called The Ballad of Never After, and the third book, A Curse for True Love, is out on October 24th! This series will leave you on the edge of your seat and will definitely bring you out of your reading slump. 

Magnolia Parks – Jessa Hastings

If you are looking for a more fast-paced romance and drama-filled novel, Magnolia Parks is the perfect book for you. This book follows characters Magnolia and BJ as they struggle through their toxic relationship dynamic while also managing their high-class social lives in London. If you are a fan of Gossip Girl, then you will love this book. With it set in the city, you will enjoy the way the author talks about the setting, clothes, and events the characters are wearing and attending. It is fast-paced and has many plot twists, so you will be left wanting to read more. This is a perfect book if you want a fun read where you will connect with the characters and also be involved in their drama-filled lives.

The Ex Hex  – Erin Sterling

The Ex Hex is going to give you all the best fall and Halloween vibes. This book is set in a small town during Halloween. We follow Vivi, who is a witch and accidentally ends up cursing her high school ex who happens to be a descendant of the town’s ancestors. During the book, they have to break the curse before the Halloween festival in order to save the town. If you want something with the perfect Halloween and fall vibes then this book is for you. It is a fun, fast-paced read that will also get you in the Halloween spirit. The author also just released a second book in the series called The Kiss Curse if you want to continue the spooky season book vibes.

All of these books give fall and cozy vibes and are perfect books to add to your fall TBR, or even to read if you are looking for book recommendations to get you out of your reading slump!

Audrey Guy is a student at GCU majoring in Business Marketing and Advertising. When she is not in class or writing HerCampus articles you can find her in the gym while listening to Emma Chamberlains podcast, Rewatching Gilmore Girls, drinking a Chai Latte, or listening to Taylor Swift. Audrey loves writing about lifestyle, fashion, music, beauty, and more!