hallmark christmas movies?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
hallmark christmas movies?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
The Hallmark Channel
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Holiday Date Ideas for Couples in Arizona

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

With the holidays quickly approaching many people are starting to get in the holiday spirit, but how can you do this without the iconic Christmas snow and small town in every classic Hallmark movie?

Here are 5 holiday date ideas guaranteed to get you and your partner in the holiday spirit!

1. Go Ice Skating

Ice skating is the perfect Christmas activity, and you don’t need snow to do it! There are many outdoor and indoor ice skating rinks in Arizona during the holiday. Some great outdoor rinks decorated for Christmas time are: CitySkate Holiday Ice Rink in Phoenix, Winter Wonderland Ice Rink in Mesa, and Ice Skating on the Farm in Queen Creek. If none of these are near you, you can also go to an all-year indoor ice skating rink near you during their free skating opportunities.

2. Watch a Holiday Movie Together

Watching a Christmas movie snuggled up by the fireplace with your partner and a warm cup of hot chocolate is the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. You can watch movies on either cable stations or streaming platforms. To watch new movies during the holiday season, tune into Lifetime Channel on Thursdays through Sundays and Hallmark Channel on Fridays through Sundays.

3. Take a Day Trip to a Christmas Town

Although many people in Arizona don’t get snow around the holidays, there are some nearby towns that do! Flagstaff is only a quick 2-hour drive from Phoenix and has lots of snow and great skiing mountains. Williams is a 2-and-a-half-hour drive from Phoenix and decorates the whole town for Christmas. By going to these towns you can truly immerse yourself in the holidays and everything good that comes with it!

4. Visit a Christmas Market

Going to a Christmas market is the perfect way to feel some cheer, as well as get a start on your holiday gift shopping. Many churches and communities will have their own Christmas markets, but there are also other places that you can go to all throughout the season. Enchant, located in Scottsdale, has a big Christmas market with holiday goodies and crafts, lots of lights, and an ice skating rink, and it is the perfect way to experience some Christmas spirit.

5. Do Some Christmas Baking and/or Cooking

There are many delicious recipes that are perfect for the holiday season! A fun idea to celebrate the holidays with your partner is cooking dinner and some Christmas goodies. Some fun things to make could be anything from gingerbread men or houses to a classic Christmas yule log. Baking together would be a great way for you and your partner to spend some quality time together and make some new memories. If you want to take it a step further and participate in the giving aspect of the holidays, you can make some delicious treats to give to those in need or your loved ones and friends.

The holiday season only lasts so long, so you have to take advantage of it while it’s here! Hopefully these ideas help you and your partner have a very happy holiday season together this year!

Hey! My name is Rachael Jasinski and I am a sophomore at GCU majoring in professional writing for new media! I enjoy hanging out with friends, writing, and watching Netflix original movies! I am beyond excited to be part of the HerCampus GCU team and hope you all enjoy my articles! :)