This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Deciding to start your own business can be big a leap of faith, no matter how big or how small your ideas are. Deciding to start your own business does push you out of your comfort zone, but also allows you to push yourself and follow your passion.

If the idea of starting your own business excites you and that’s what you want to do, why wait? Be the CEO of your own company and take that leap! It will require a lot of work and effort but, in the end it will be so rewarding!

Starting your own business, whether it’s big or small, is very exciting! Some people want to buy their own restaurant and others want to sell vinyl stickers or clothing. No matter what it is, take that first step to begin your journey.

The day to day vitality of your business depends just on one person, you. You’ll be driven to make every day count, helping with your overall sense of productivity and motivation. Additionally, it is important to note that you will be following your passion. You are doing what you love, rather than settling for something that you will be miserable doing for the rest of your life out of fear. You are in charge of your business from ground up, while shaping it into something that you are proud of, which may lead to an expansion.

Another important aspect of running your own business is that you get to choose your schedule and lifestyle. Being flexible with your own hours can help you continue to grow your business. Instead of keeping your creativity pent up like you would at an office job, you get to fully express yourself and your passions. You can work your hours around an important family event or simply because you want to do what’s best for you and prioritize your well being. 

When it’s your business you make the rules! There are no restrictions or one person that is telling you what to do. You build it based off of your ideas and visions. You can be as creative as you want.

There is no right or wrong reason to start your own business. Whether it’s the fact that you are trying to avoid working an office job or 9-5, or simply just because you want to make more money, take that step and start your business. Every reason is valid. Just wanting to start your own business is reason enough, never discredit that.

Lopes Up! Spread kindness wherever you go Instagram: bihsierraaa