This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

It’s that time of year again, finals. From my experience only three things can get you through it: caffeine, humor, and Jesus.

When you just feel like running away…

…remember who you can run to.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him, he endured on the cross, scorning its shame, and sad down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:1-2

When you just feel like you are out of options…

…remember someone who is always there.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

When it’s one of those days…

…remember who made the days. 

“When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future.” Ecclesiastes 7:14

When you feel like you are nothing…

…remember you are, but God is everything.

“For the wages of sin is death, BUT the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

When you stay up late and wake up early just to get everything done…

…remember where you get your rest.

“Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly, he is my rock and my salvation he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” Psalm 62:1-2

When you can’t find any more resources…

…remember the one resource that is peer reviewed and full of answers.

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching ,rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17

When you are running out of words for your essay…

…remember who you can understand you when you are speechless.

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.” Romans 8:26-27

When you look at the textbook after hours of studying, and still don’t get it…

id=”_x0000_t75″ coordsize=”21600,21600″ o:spt=”75″ o:preferrelative=”t” path=”m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=”f” stroked=”f”>

style=’width:375pt;height:212pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square’>

o:title=””/>

…remember what is certain.

“For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-5

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

“He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon.’ Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.” Revelation 22:20

Stay strong this week everyone…

Hailing from the wondrous land of Colorado, I grew up with the aspiration of being a great Veterinarian. Senior year of high school I realized being a Vet would mean 12 more years of school. Currently I'm a senior at GCU and will be graduating with my Communication degree. The goal is to be a journalist who travels around the world writing articles, the reality surrounding me now is different, but full of surprises. Random adventures, the gym, anything outdoors, Netflix, coloring books, friends, family, and glorifying God are what gets me up in the morning.
President of the Her Campus Chapter at Grand Canyon University. I am a Senior at GCU majoring in Government. I love adventures, horses and Nutella!