This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

It has been a while since Disney has made romance movies, and in the aftermath of Valentine’s Day, you may still be in that romantic mood. Here are some picks for movies you may like to watch to finish out love month with your significant other, friends, or on your own (we know the feeling).

Cinderella (1950), Cinderella (2015)

Starting with a classic, this tale is about a girl who works as a servant in her own house and ends up meeting the prince on her one night to herself. With a romantic setting underneath a moonlit sky, you can see the blossoming romance between Cinderella and her prince in a lavish ballroom while the orchestra plays a lovely tune. Truly a love-at-first-sight story that can leave you in a daze. I recommend watching the live-action version because it deserves an honorable mention for the best portrayal of a ballroom sequence with romantic chemistry between Cinderella and the Prince.

Tangled (2010)

This is an obvious choice for one of the best romantic movies, but if you are into a bit of adventure and high stakes then this is the movie for you. A retelling of Rapunzel’s story, but this time it’s she who will step out of her tower with the dashing thief, Flynn Rider, to go see the world and fulfill her dream. The dynamic between our plucky princess and Flynn/Eugene is a classic strangers-to-lovers story where they team up intentionally for a deal, but the duo soon discover feelings for one another. During a lantern festival on a boat ride, a song is sung and the cutesy, heart-felt atmosphere is nearly sealed with a kiss as they first see each other as who they are. Truly a memorable moment for those who have watched the entire movie.

The Princess and the Frog (2009)

Taking place in New Orleans, this movie follows Tiana, a girl working hard to achieve her lifelong dream of opening her restaurant, when the frog prince Naveen intervenes in her life. After she is turned into a frog as well, she has to put up with the spoiled prince. The classic enemy-to-lovers trope unfolds as they learn to adapt and learn from one another, promptly falling in love as they are willing to trade their dreams and freedom for one another. Their dynamic development grows as they change from who they used to be because they learned to love each other. This is a definite romantic movie and an excellent choice if you like a pair of frogs falling in love and adventuring in the bayou.

Lady and the Tramp (1955)

Nothing like a literal puppy love story with an adorable pair of dogs from different backgrounds falling in love! This follows the classic storyline of two individuals from different walks of life coming together despite their differences, but in this story, one is a refined dog named Lady, and the other is the infamous stray, Tramp. If you’re a complete dog lover, this is a great recommendation as Lady learns about life as a stray, and the Tramp realizes that he would do anything for his Lady (pun intended). Not to mention the definite “aww” factor during a beautiful night under the stars, watching the couple have a spaghetti dinner.

If you have trouble deciding what romantic movie will give you the feels, you can never go wrong with a classic Disney movie. Happy Valentine’s Day!

Current undergrad student at Grand Canyon University, majoring in Digital Film: Screenwriting. I like to write, draw, do a bit of animation, and sing in my off time.