This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Oooh makeup. I could not live without it. Painting your face every day with countless colors, textures, and opportunities- it’s truly something for everyone. 

I have been watching makeup videos since I was 10, and over the years, I have picked up some fun hacks that I have found super helpful in making sure my makeup looks flawless every time. Let me share them with you!

1. Concealer Over Foundation

Foundation can be an excellent tool to use if used correctly. However, more often than not, I find that my foundation always looks “cakey” or is not the right match. If this applies to you, then look no further.

Using concealer to brighten the dark spots, cover pimples, and smooth some areas can be a great way to cover up those imperfections without layering too much on your face. It feels lighter and better, and your pores don’t get as clogged. Other alternatives that can be used are tinted moisturizer, BB cream, or dewey foundation.

2. Pressed Powder

Remember baking? You know, the YouTube videos of people with powder on their faces staring into the camera for five minutes, waiting for the loose powder to set or “bake.” If you are like me and sleep in as much as you can, you do not have time for that. I have found that pressed powder is an easier way to set makeup. It is faster, easier, and less messy! It does not get on your clothes or anything. It can also make the shiny spots less shiny and ensure your base stays on all day.

3. Ditch the lash Curler

Have you ever heard of the horror stories of lash curlers? You know, they cut off ALL your lashes, leaving you with nothing but tears and searching for castor oil? Don’t get me wrong, eyelash curlers are amazing. However, I have found that by layering mascara, I can still get that curl and not have to spend money on replacing the pads or getting new curlers. Volumizing or natural curling mascara can be a great alternative to eyelash curlers, especially for my girlies with long lashes. Falsies are always an option as well!

4. Liquid Blush

Liquid cosmetics are growing in popularity. Liquid eyeshadow, highlight, blush, lipstick, eyeliner, you name it. Liquid blush, however, is my Roman Empire. I have no idea how I ever survived without it and why I had no idea it existed. It looks pretty, subtle, natural, lasts long, and can also be used as a lip tint! 

5. LINE YOUR WATERLINE

People who can master eyeliner (Ariana Grande…?) amaze me. It is one of the makeup steps I cannot do. I also have hooded eyes, making it even harder to do eyeliner that looks good and is accessible. However, if you want that dark-eye look, lining the waterline is the way to go. It draws attention to your whole eye and accentuates the shape, not making it noticeable if you aren’t wearing top liner. Mixed with mascara, no one can tell! Also, you don’t have to use black; any color will work. Red would be super cool, or a color that matches your eyes. As I said, makeup is highly versatile, and creativity is vital.

I learn new makeup hacks every single day. Makeup is part of my everyday routine, and I cannot see a world where I would be without it. No matter the process you use for your makeup or how you do it, you look stunning in every way.