Things To Do Tonight To Have a Better Tomorrow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

If you’re a college girl you know that 8:00 am and 9:00 am classes can start your day off on… well… not the right foot. If you’re like me, you wake up in just enough time to brush your teeth, turn the coffee pot on, and do a quick check in the mirror, if you’re lucky. Honestly, you probably go to class in the same clothes you wore to sleep.

Awesome start, right?! NO. Studies show that waking up to immediate stress can effect your thought process throughout the day (ah, that’s why our memories are terrible), and can even damage your heart. Let’s keep our hearts heatlhy and live a long fulfilling life! *fist pump*

Please follow these tips tonight so that you can have a better, more relaxed tomorrow. 

1. Treat. Yo. Self. 

It is very important to remember, especially after a long day of class, that you deserve a break- even if you feel like you don’t have time! YOU DO! Take a hot bath before bed. Put on a facemask (great masks for $1 at Walmart). Paint your fingernails/toenails. Watch an episode of your favorite show on Netflix (or two). Anything that you love that doesn’t require much thought, DO. Relaxing before bed helps you to sleep more peacefully. 

2. Pick Out Your Outfit For Tomorrow

Even if it’s just a sweatshirt and yoga pants, you don’t want to be in a scramble looking for it in the morning. Especially since your clothes are probably all over your floor (guilty). 

3. Go Ahead and Set Up Your Coffee/Breakfast Station

Ok. If you’re a coffee drinker, this is critical. It can mean the difference between a headache in your class and pure bliss and focus. You don’t want to run out of time to at least poor it in a mug and take it to go! And you definitely don’t want to rush and end up spilling it on yourself (also guilty). Don’t have time for breakfast? FALSE. Go ahead and put your oatmeal packet in a bowl, add water when you wake up, pop it in the microwave, and go get dressed. Or put some dry cereal in a plastic baggy. Grab a bagel, put peanut butter on it, head out the door. The possibilites are endless, guys. 

4. Quickly Tidy Up Your Room 

Pick up those clothes and throw them in the hamper, just so they aren’t scattered, creating a more serene environment when you wake up. You don’t want your mind to look like your floor. You’ll also be able to find things much more easily. 

Seriously, do these things! I’m super lazy, but if it means a better tomorrow I’ll take all the help I can get. Be heart healthy, Bobcats! I repeat, heart healthy! *another fist pump*

Senior English Creative Writing major at Georgia College and State University. Poet. Sister. Cat mom. Friend. 90's Winona Ryder aspirer-- just need more turtlenecks.