Five Book to Movie Adaptations to Look Out for in 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

source

A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

This particular film has faced a bit of controversy based on a video that was leaked from filming. Representatives have stated that it was a misunderstanding but you never really know. However, whether you choose to support the movie or not, you should check out the book!

source

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

You can’t make a list of book to movie adaptations without including some YA. This is about a girl who is forced to live one particular day over and over again. We can’t say any more without giving away the entire plot. But you should definitely check this one out before the movie is released!

source

The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman

Unlike the others, this is a non-fiction book taking place in wartime Warsaw. It is about a zookeeper and his wife saving over 300 people from the Nazis during World War II. This is definitely one to keep on your radar. We want to go and read it right now!

source

Wonder by R. J Palacio

This is a children’s book about a child with a deformity who is about to start mainstream school for the first time. He is going into the fifth grade and the book follows how he handles being the new kid and proving to everyone that he just like them.

source

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

This is a fairly recent novel about a girl who has an illness and cannot leave her home. But of course, she gets a new neighbor who won’t let her illness stop them from being friends. This book has been very popular for awhile and is definitely a book you’ll want to pick up before the movie comes out! 

Skyler Wilkes is a junior Theatre and Creative Writing double major at GCSU! Skyler enjoys reading, traveling, red lipstick, and How I Met Your Mother. You can follow her on Instagram @skylerelizabethh