Caitlin Mullaney: A Communicative Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Major:

Mass Communication and Political Science

Year:

Senior

Hometown:

Lawrenceville, GA

What do you plan on doing after college?

I plan to go to grad school across the pond in the UK, before hopefully pursuing a career in governmental affairs.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

When spare time exists I like to scrapbook, watch Question Time on CSPAN, find inspirational quotes, and have 90’s dance parties with my roommates.

What advice to do you have for students who want to pursue a graduate degree?

Aside from the usual get good grades and be involved on campus. I would tell advise trying new things and experiences that don’t go on your resume, because they will give you something to talk about in your entrance essays and allow you to stand out from the crowd. Also maintain a good relationship with a few professors, they provide great recommendation letters and can serve as a mentor along your path after graduation.

What about life in general?

Always be open to new experiences, the greatest accomplishments are ones outside of your comfort zone.

What has been your most enlightening college experience?

With my work in SGA I have had the privilege of getting to know a lot of the school administrators and staff. My most enlightening experience is getting to work with this group of people, and seeing them come to work every day with the dedication of serving students and helping them achieve their goals.

What are the top 5 things on your Bucket List?

1. Travel to every continent

2. Get on the Ellen show

3. Go zip-lining in the Swiss Alps

4. Break a Guinness World Record

5. Write an inspirational book

A Creative Writing major with a passion for travel, reading, and 20th century book collecting. One day she hopes to be a great teacher and an even more fabulous mom.