Boho Style Icons to Inspire You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Last Spring, we saw an abundance of flower crowns and fringe. This Spring will also embrace 60’s and 70’s influenced styles, but we will see more subtle Bohemian looks. Here are some celebrities to help inspire you. So grab your favorite floppy hat, flowy dress, and Bob Dylan record, and get ready to embrace your inner flower child.

Sienna Miller                                                                                                                                             

The moniker “IT Girl” has been entirely overused because it has been labeled upon nearly every girl who makes her mark on Hollywood. Ten years ago, though, Sienna Miller completely embodied this label. She was everywhere, and her trendy and retro style helped to popularize the term, “Boho Chic”.  She even had a popular bag named after her. Out of the spotlight for a while, her recent roles in American Sniper and Foxcatcher have brought us even more enviable red carpet looks.

Jane Birkin

Speaking of IT girls with bags named after them, actress and singer, Jane Birkin, was a total style maven in the 70s. You may have heard of the purse for which she is the namesake, The Birkin Bag. It’ll only set you back around $60,000, and lucky for you there’s no longer a wait list.

Goldie Hawn 

Academy Award Winner and funny girl of the 60’s, Goldie Hawn embraced a carefree spirit which translated through her clothes.

Kate Hudson

Making it a family affair, Kate Hudson, daughter of Goldie, is the ultimate celebrity flower child. Here she is at the 2003 Golden Globes being cooler than any of us could ever hope to be. We aren’t worthy, Kate!

Miley Cyrus 

So Miley isn’t exactly known for her Bohemian look, but there was a good year where she totally rocked it. And then that ummm… haircut happened. Seriously, though, check out her Backyard Sessions on youtube and get inspired by her jewelry and folk influenced music style.

Carly Simon

Here we have folk singer, Carly Simon, entirely embodying the earthy and cool style of the 70s. The picture says it all. My words can’t do her justice. 

Lover of iced coffee and all things cheetah print. Just a city girl living in a small town college world.