This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

If you’re like me, you take makeup pretty seriously. I have actually developed a bit of a makeup addiction, which I’m sure some of you can relate to with all of the new makeup trends popping up on social media. Here are some great, affordable drugstore products I’ve discovered that I personally think give equal or better results than designer makeup brands. 

1. Milani Lipstick

This lipstick is my saving grace. It comes in matte, which I recommend over the creme. It comes in a wide variety of flattering shades for everyone. If you’re a dark lips girl I recommend Fearless Matte and Love Matte. I usually prefer NARS lipstick, but it’s a little expensive, so this is pretty much the equivelant. It’s only $6 a tube! Can’t beat that. I have only been able to find these lipsticks at CVS, but I have been told they also sell this brand at Walgreens. 

2. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation 

I have been using Too Faced “Born This Way” full-coverage liquid foundation from Seophora for awhile (it’s great), but when you’re out of foundation and you only have $23 in your bank account, you gotta make some changes. I’ve found that Revlon Colorstay does a much better job of matching personal skin tones and providing fuller coverage. It comes in a plenty of shades to choose from (much more than shown above), so you can find what matches your skin the best. You can get this foundation at any drugstore that sells Revlon products! It looks best when applied with a liquid foundation brush. There are high quality brushes for about $6 at CVS as well!

3. Maybelline Brow Precise Shaping Pencil

I’ve never been too into eyebrow makeup or eyebrow shaping pencils, but when I saw this product it looked pretty easy to use, so I thought I’d give it a shot. It works wonderfully. You simply brush your eyebrows up first and then down with one side to reveal the spaces of your eyebrows that could use some extra definition, and fill these spaces with the other side of the pencil. It’s simple and cheap! It also comes in four beautiful shades. You can find it for around $5.50 at any drugstore that sells Maybelline products. 

4. Physician’s Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Blush

This blush is a highlighter and a blush all in one. I think it looks much prettier than the previous Boxum blush I was using from Sephora. It also doesn’t go on as heavy, which makes the blush look more clean and powdery. It does have a bit of a shimmer from the highlight incase that’s not your thing, but I’ve always found it to add a subtle pop to your cheeks. This blush sells for $13 at Walmart, less than half the price of designer blushes. 

5. L’OREAL Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara 

Although finding the right mascara is usually something so unique to the individual, this is the one I prefer. It’s an all-in-one. It voluminizes and lengthens just like it should without clumping. What more can I say? You can buy it for about $5 at any drugstore!

Give these affordable products a go. You have my word, they won’t let you down! 

Senior English Creative Writing major at Georgia College and State University. Poet. Sister. Cat mom. Friend. 90's Winona Ryder aspirer-- just need more turtlenecks.