Allyson Kipfer: Casual Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Allyson Kipfer

What is your year?

I’m at my third year here at GCSU set to graduate in 2015.

Major?

English with a concentration in creative writing.

Hometown?

Woodbine, Maryland.

Are you in a relationship?

Yes.

Are you involved in any clubs or organizations?

Yes, Sigma Tau Delta.

What do you tend to do on the weekends at GCSU?

For the most part, I tend to just do schoolwork and hang out with friends or my boyfriend. I don’t really get to go home because I live too far away, so nearly every weekend is a weekend at GCSU.

If you had to pick one outfit to wear for the rest of your life, what would it be?

A comfortable sweater and my favorite pair of skinny jeans.

Describe the funniest thing that has happened to you so far at GCSU.

Well when I used to live in Adam’s Hall, my roommate and I would try to kick open the front doors with our feet. One day, I missed the push-bar on the door and fell flat on my backside in front of one of our CAs. After laughing at me, he was kind enough to help me up.

Describe a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Coming to college on that first day. Since I’m from out of state, I knew absolutely no one. Some students here had known each other years or were reunited. I had to start completely fresh and I’m not the most outgoing person in the world.

What were your plans for life after graduation when you were a freshman? Have those

goals changed or stayed the same?

I had planned to just get out there and write, but the more reasonable part of my brain finally kicked in and instead I’m looking for a job within the publishing company, perhaps editing.

What or who inspires you the most?

I know this sounds lame, but my dog. I’ve always wanted to plan every second of every day down to the last minute. I liked being able to know exactly when something was going to happen or what I was going to do next. My doofus of a dog bolts around outside without a care in the world and, though he doesn’t have a life of work, starting a family, and worrying about money ahead of him, his carefree-ness and go with the flow attitude has made me realize that I just need to chill out sometimes.

What’s the best advice you could give anyone on how to balance school and a social life?

Take time to make plans with your friends, even if it’s only for an hour or so a couple days a week. School work and school life can really take a lot out of you, especially during busy season. Taking a time-out to just relax can do wonders for your head.

Bonus: How do you feel about Pluto?

Pluto hadn’t even made a full rotation around the sun from the time it was classified as a planet to the time it was removed. That makes me infinitely sad. Also, the acronym I use to remember the planets doesn’t make sense anymore without Pluto – My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas – so I just pretend Pluto is still a planet.