Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical movie The Sound of Music recently celebrated its 50th anniversary in March. It is a movie that resonates with generation after generation, and in celebration of the wonderful Julie Andrews, GCSU Her Campus has compiled a list of lessons everyone can take away from the film.
1. If you listen carefully enough, you can hear music (and find hope) anywhere you go.
2. Have confidence in all that you do.
3. People might not give you the best first impressions (they might even put a frog in your pocket or a pinecone in your seat), but if you give them a chance, they just might end up changing your life.
3. There’s nothing wrong with speaking your mind.
4. If you’re trying to leave a party and no one is paying attention to you, you should probably break out into song.
5. It’s okay to be thrifty occasionally.
6. Seriously, don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself and speak out.
7. Heartbreak and disappointment won’t last forever.
8. Don’t forget to climb every mountain.