jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Beautiful Waterfall Hikes in Georgia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

With the leaves turning color and the weather getting cooler, this is the best time of year to do some hiking and exploring. Georgia is home to some of the most beautiful hiking trails and parks in the country, so there’s no shortage of places to see amazing scenery. A hike is even better when you encounter something amazing like a waterfall, so I’ve compiled 10 hiking trails with waterfalls along the way!

1. Raven Cliff Falls Trail (Helen, GA)

A 4.9 mile trails ends has multiple smaller waterfalls along the way, with the most impressive one at the end!

2. Long Creek Falls (Appalachian Trail near Blue Ridge)-1.9 miles

See beautiful wildflowers and a 50-foot-tall waterfall on this trail!

3. Amicalola Falls (Amicalola Falls State Park near Dahlonega)-2.1 Miles

One of the most popular hiking trails in Georgia, this loop will take you past the tallest waterfall in Georgia! Expect some crowds, especially on the weekends.

4. Cloudland Canyon Waterfalls Trail (Cloudland Canyon State Park near Dalton)-2.1 Miles

For those who may be a little more adventurous, this trail takes you down a steep canyon (by stairs) to provide a view of two waterfalls-Cherokee Falls and Hemlock Falls!

5. Tallulah Gorge Sliding Rock Trail (Tallulah Gorge State Park)-3.4 Miles

This is one of the more difficult hiking trails, but also one of the most fun. The hike ends at a natural rock slide into beautiful spring water!

6. High Shoals Fall Trail (Chattahoochee National Forest near Helen)-2.4 Miles

This trail takes you along  what many consider the most beautiful hiking trail in Georgia, and to one of the most impressive waterfalls.

7. Panther Creek Trail (Chattahoochee National Forest near Tallulah Gorge)-7 Miles

Though this is a lengthier hike, you’ll get to see multiple waterfalls along the trail. It ends at an impressive canyon with several wide waterfalls cascading into a swimming hole below.

8. Jacks River Falls (Cohutta Wilderness near Blue Ridge)-9 miles

Take Beech Bottom Trail if you want to avoid crossing Jacks River, or Jacks River Trail if you do want to cross the river to the Falls!

9. Minnehaha Falls (Rabun County near Clayton)- 0.4 miles

One of the shortest trails to a waterfall, this hike will take you on an easy path to a beautiful waterfall cascading over tiered rocks. If you’re not in the mood for a long hike, this is perfect!

10. Emery Creek Falls (Chattahoochee National Forest near Blue Ridge) 6.2 miles

Though one of the most rewarding hikes in Georgia, the trail to Emery Creek Falls isn’t for the inexperienced hiker! It requires crossing several creek beds and isn’t explicitly marked, yet the falls are well worth the trek!

I hope to see you hiking in Georgia soon!

Savannah is a senior marketing major at Georgia College and State University, which is the best college in Georgia by far. She enjoys working out, listening to her favorite bands (Jack White/White Stripes and Led Zeppelin), traveling, and watching netflix. She hopes to be found working on a major advertising campaign one day, or maybe traveling the world in a hippie van. You can follow her on instagram: s_avonlea