This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

I have been getting bikini waxes regularly for years, and it is one of the few things I will stand by and will continue to get no matter how much it costs me. I could honestly talk about why I think they are so great for hours and have successfully convinced many of my friends to get their first wax. However, for the sake of this article, I will give you the TLDR by listing my top reasons for getting a wax.

1. It is super low maintenance 

I am super lazy so the fact that for waxes all I need to do is show up somewhere once a month and boom I am hairless within 10-15 minutes is pretty amazing. After getting waxed, you get to enjoy the results for a solid week or two before you start to get re-growth. I would say this is a pretty good bang for your buck!

1.  I rarely get in-grown hairs anymore

This reason alone makes getting waxes worth it to me. In-grown hairs are so annoying to deal with so any way to minimize getting them is something I personally look for. 

1.  No itching

Once you are waxed, you feel so smooth for so long and the re-growing process is also painless with ZERO itching. 

1.  No risk of cuts or knicks!!

One thing that freaked me out a little bit with shaving is the fear of cutting myself. Especially when I first started shaving I had to deal with accidentally cutting myself a few times, and there is simply nothing worse than cutting your cooch when shaving. 

Just give it a try and see if it’s for you!

Julia is a junior Business Administration and Communications Studies double major at Furman. Outside of HerCampus, she is also on the executive board of the Chi Omega chapter on her campus. Some of Julia's favorite things include: cooking, working out, Law and Order: SVU, Taylor Swift, and being around the people she loves.