This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

The winter is great when it comes to holidays, hot cocoa, and cute sweaters, but it also comes with the cold, and with the cold comes chapped lips. Every year we try to fight chapped lips and their rule over winter, but this will be the year we win the war! With these products, crusty lips will be a thing of the past and your lips will be soft and luscious all winter long.

(Photo Courtesy of Sephora)

Rosebud salve is a great way to combat chapped lips. You can also use rosebud salve on other parts of your body that get dry too, like elbows and knees. People also use it as a cuticle cream! We love a multipurpose queen!

(Photo Courtesy of Kiehl’s)

The women of Her Campus Furman highly recommend Kiehl’s lip balm! You can get this lip balm in original, cranberry, mint, and mango. Some of the nourishing ingredients include aloe vera and vitamin E.

(Photo Courtesy of Clarins)

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil is a lip oil that will heal and soften your lips while also giving them an instant shine. Featured ingredient in this lip oil are hazelnut, raspberry, and jojoba, and it comes in nine delicious flavors.  

(Photo Courtesy of Walgreens)

For a more affordable lip treatment, Aquaphor Lip Repair is your best bet. I remember using Aquaphor as a kid to prevent chapped lips, and I still use it today! This is a great product to use before bed.

(Photo Courtesy of Laneige)

People rave about this lip mask! The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask won a Glamour Beauty Award in 2018 for its excellent formula. It targets fine lines and dry lips with vitamin C and antioxidants.

(Photo Courtesy of Amazon)

This lip balm is a super moisturizing product and is great for daytime wear because it has SPF 15! Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lip Balm is easy to throw in your purse on a cold day to protect against chapped lips!

Using these products in your daily routine will leave your lips soft, refreshed and hydrated. Hopefully these lip product recommendations can help save your lips from the cold and wind this winter!

Hannah Tyson is a junior business administration major and a writer for Her Campus Furman. She is addicted to makeup and hopes to one day work in the cosmetics industry. She started her own beauty blog in 2017 and that’s what lead her to writing for Her Campus Furman! Her favorite dessert is creme brûlée, Kylie Jenner is her idol, she owns exactly 20 eyeshadow palettes, and she has dyed her hair every color from platinum to black to grey!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.