Zoe Genkin: Lady Spirithunter and Lover of FSU Football

Name: Zoe Genkin

Year: Sophomore

Major: Social Work

Hometown: Sarasota, Florida

Relationship Status: Probably in love with the last guy who smiled at me.

Courtesy: Zoe Genkin

Her Campus (HC): What organizations are you involved in at Florida State?

Zoe Genkin (ZG): I’m a Lady Spirithunter, I’m on the leadership council of The Student Alumni Association and I’m a mentor for the Center of Leadership and Social Change.

HC: Could you tell us more about Lady Spirithunters?

ZG: Lady Spirithunters is an athletic-based, all-girls organization. We paint war stripes at all Varsity games and spread Seminole spirit along with having socials, community service opportunities and other fun events. The friends I have made through this organization are absolutely amazing and I couldn't imagine my time at FSU without them.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Florida State?

ZG: I couldn't choose just one thing. I love everything about this school.

HC: Aside from Lady Spirithunters, you also participate in Dance Marathon. What would you say to someone who is unsure about doing DM?

ZG: Do it! It is the most rewarding 20 hours of your life. Dance Marathon gives you the opportunity to be apart of something bigger then yourself and give back. If you don’t help [the kids] who will?

Courtesy: Zoe Genkin

HC: What is your favorite thing about FSU Football?

ZG: Winning, the excitement and school spirit at every game, and winning.

HC: Why did you choose FSU?

ZG: I applied to many schools in Florida, and FSU was the first that I visited. After walking on campus for the first time I knew this was the place for me. I can’t exactly explain why, it just felt right. Since I’ve been here I have fallen in love with it more every single day.

HC: What is one thing you cannot live without?

ZG: Chipotle. No explanation needed.

HC: What is your dream job?

ZG: I’ll let you know when I figure it out.

HC: What is your ideal date?

ZG: I’ve always wanted to go on a date in the bed of a pickup truck filled with blankets and pillows, wearing pajamas, eating pizza (or Chipotle) and ice cream with music in the background, [all] while stargazing. Then of course fireworks would go off in the distance.

HC: When are you the happiest?

ZG: I’m happiest whenever I’m with my family. My Mom and Dad are my two best friends and I couldn't live without them. My sister is pretty cool too.

HC: Where is your favorite place you have traveled to or where do you want to travel to?

ZG: My favorite place I have ever been would definitely be Italy. I went there this summer and I fell in love with the country. I would go back in a second. The next place on my bucket list would be Greece!

Courtesy: Zoe Genkin