Zeta Tau Alpha’s Annual Race to Live 5K

It’s that time again! Zeta Tau Alpha’s annual fall philanthropy “Race to Live” is an event benefitting breast cancer education and awareness. It is a 5k walk/run, which starts at the Zeta Tau Alpha house and runs all over FSU’s campus. Students in this organization have different tasks in organizing the event. The entire chapter contributes to the event and each member raises a minimum of 200 dollars. All of the money raised goes to the American Cancer Society, Bright Pink and the NFL, which supports all those who have suffered or know someone suffering from breast cancer. For more information on the philanthropy, you can visit their website!

Courtesy: Zeta Tau Alpha

One of the foundations, The American Cancer Society, educates women all around the world about the causes of and problems associated with breast cancer, in addition to developing treatments such as radiation to help diminish cancer and researching ways to prevent it. They also encourage students to learn about this important cause and how it affects millions of women every year. By fundraising, they can help find a potential cure. “Race to Live” gives FSU students the opportunity to support a great cause while also having a great time. This is the 22nd anniversary of “Race to Live,” and it will be held on Saturday, November 19th. Registration will start at 9 a.m. at the Zeta Tau Alpha house. If you know a member of ZTA, you can sign up online by using their name, or you can go to Market Wednesdays at the Union and ask for a form at their table. There will be a DJ, food, and prizes for the runners participating in the event. For more information about the American Cancer Society, check out their website!

Courtesy: The Odyssey

This philanthropy impacts a lot of women in the community, from young children to grown adults. It helps them realize that there are many women suffering from this illness, and by participating in this event, everyone can make a difference. It all started in 1898 in a Virginia State Female Normal School, also known as Longwood University, and it is still an important cause in today’s era. It also motivates an individual to do good in the community and help those in need.

Last year, Zeta Tau Alpha had over 2,000 participants and raised over $75,000, and hopefully this year they can raise more and have even more people participate. So if you are interested in participating in this event, now is your opportunity. It is for a great cause and helps raise money for amazing foundations. Don’t wait for the last minute to sign up! Registration will be open until the day of the event, and you can even sign up the day of for $15 per person.          

Of course, if you cannot make it to this event, Zeta Tau Alpha’s spring philanthropy, Crown Classic, also raises money for breast cancer awareness and education. 

Senior at Florida State University Majoring in Psychology and minoring in Spanish & Communications.
Her Campus at Florida State University.